At Mastercard, we are focused on building an inclusive, sustainable digital economy, where everyone has an opportunity to reach their potential. We see firsthand how our commitment to environmental and social responsibility - and our core value of operating ethically and responsibly and with decency - is directly connected to our continuing success as a business. We recognize that Mastercard cannot succeed in a failing world. We thrive when economies thrive, and a successful economy is sustainable only when it is inclusive and when prosperity is shared.
We are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all by focusing on the following key areas of impact:
- Environmental Stewardship: Responsibly managing our environmental footprint and creating environmentally conscious solutions
- Inclusive Growth: Creating a more inclusive world through our products, programs and partnerships
- Our People and Culture: Leveraging our core values to make our company the place where the best people choose to be
- Ethical and Responsible Standards: Acting responsibly and with integrity guided by the highest standards of ethical behavior
Mastercard is currently seeking a Manager to join the Sustainability team to support execution of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and, in particular, environmental initiatives including our commitment to restoring 100 million trees globally through our Priceless Planet Coalition (PPC).
Responsibilities include supporting the following strategic priorities:
- Deployment of Priceless Planet Coalition implementation strategy with non-profit partners including project evaluation and selection, financial and impact reporting and other governance/administration functions
- Documentation of end-to-end PPC program design for internal governance purposes
- Internal and external communications strategy to build awareness of PPC program mission and climate, community and biodiversity impacts achieved through individual projects and at the program level
- New PPC partner onboarding and regional go-to-market requirements evaluation, including campaigns, fund raising and other considerations
- Oversight of marketing/communications and thought leadership efforts related to PPC and other environmental initiatives, ensuring positioning is aligned with ESG priorities and quality standards
- Employee engagement framework to drive adoption of ESG principles at the business and individual level, positioning it as an enterprise-wide strategic growth driver
- External communications and industry events that support Mastercard’s role as a corporate leader on critical ESG matters and elevate our reputation for progressing an inclusive, sustainable digital economy
- Ad-hoc initiatives in support of Sustainability team cross-functional workstreams internally and externally to ensure effective and efficient operations, as needed
All About You
Knowledge and understanding of ESG initiatives, standards and trends, especially those relevant to technology industry
- Knowledge and understanding of global environmental issues landscape including climate change, and the role of private sector in addressing these challenges
- Proven track record of project management and execution with ability to manage deliverables and deadlines for multiple initiatives across teams
- Ability to navigate complex environments to execute tasks, address issues creatively and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Experience supporting internal and external communications teams and executing marketing or media campaigns, in support of individual initiatives as well as corporate-wide strategy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to establish string working relationships across functions to facilitate collaboration and information sharing
- Experience working with non-profit organizations preferred but not required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.