Manager, Strategic Accounts
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As the leader of Strategic Accounts for the Americas, you’ll lead the team responsible for driving revenue with Stripe’s largest accounts, including customers like Instacart, DoorDash, Amazon, and others. The team’s charter is to work with these customers, our Product organization, and teams across Stripe to grow each customer to $100 million in the next 3-5 years. Customers in the Strategic Accounts organization not only drive a material portion of Stripe’s current revenue, they are also the customers who represent our “canaries in the coal mine” -- their needs help drive our product innovation, and we often co-develop product solutions with them.
What you’ll do
You will lead a team of Strategic Account Executives and be responsible not only for crafting strategy, but also getting your hands dirty on complex, first-of-kind deals. You have experience operating at scale, but are also a builder. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams while contributing to and driving product roadmap decisions. You will be responsible for helping to build a world-class organization and writing the playbook for the era of consumption-based, API-driven sales.
- Recruit, train, and lead both Account Executives and Sales Leaders
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for a growing team, and
- scale day-to-day operations.
- Help build our Global Strategic Accounts strategy and initial team
- Determine strategy and needs for Business Software & Services
- Deliver on revenue targets and support KPIs for growth
- Codify our processes and develop best practices that enable the team
- to more rapidly scale with consistency
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape
- Stripe's product roadmap to meet customer needs
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 15+ years of people management experience, including managing managers
- Experience leading Strategic Accounts organizations in a high-growth
- technology environment
- Experience building teams across multiple offices, including launching
- teams in new offices
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Prior experience in the payments industry
Pay & Benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $389,300 - $549,600. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.