At eBay, we're more than a global ecommerce leader — we’re changing the way the world shops and sells. Our platform empowers millions of buyers and sellers in more than 190 markets around the world. We’re committed to pushing boundaries and leaving our mark as we reinvent the future of ecommerce for enthusiasts.
Our customers are our compass, authenticity thrives, bold ideas are welcome, and everyone can bring their unique selves to work — every day. We're in this together, sustaining the future of our customers, our company, and our planet.
Join a team of passionate thinkers, innovators, and dreamers — and help us connect people and build communities to create economic opportunity for all.
eBay's Focused Category team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to work on key parts of ebay like the My eBay, Global Navigation, Saves, Vertical Experiences like Authentication Guarantee for Watches & Sneakers, Collectibles, eBay Vault and eBay Refurbished, Growth Products, and various other engagement experiences. You’ll be working with a world class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most trafficked and loved websites. Our technology stack includes Node.js front end app and Java/Scala based back-end.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; leads with empathy; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
What will you do?
- Lead a talented full-stack team of backend, and frontend engineers
- Mentor and guide the development of your team members in a tailored empathetic manner suited for each individual
- Build collaborative and inclusive teams
- Own your teams deliverables and ship high quality, maintainable software
- Build and maintain a healthy prioritized backlog in alignment with the team goals
- Collaborate with product managers, business units, analytics to brainstorm and build the next generation of our product and scale it
- Layout technical vision for the team
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Maintain a balance between short term and long term goals while shipping high impact products quickly
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization and across eBay
- Experience leading or managing a small to medium-sized team of developers
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability and resilience
- Experience applying machine learning in a user facing environment like personalization, ranking, or recommendations is a plus
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity environment
- Great communication skills. Needs to articulate thoughts and proposals clearly
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes
- Familiarity with eCommerce is a plus
- 10 years of work experience and 3+ years of leading or managing a team
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment in California, Washington, or New York is expected in the range below. $149,200 - $234,850
Base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including location, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a target bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable) in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as PTO and parental leave). Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employees will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
eBay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for accommodation as soon as possible. View our accessibility statement to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM)" excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.