Manager, Social Media
The VMG social team is a creative, enthusiastic, and collaborative crew that programs across all social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat This multifaceted team touches all formats and content categories, working hand in hand with all other departments to produce, promote, and package Vice, R29 and i-D initiatives.
- Write, edit, and optimize social posts across platforms for Vice, R29, and i-D branded content; serve as a player-coach for the branded social team
- Ideation in pre and post sale around social first branded campaign ideas and content
- Coordinate with revenue and social teams to ensure post-sale execution is consistent and accounted for in scheduling
- Co-manage multiple social calendars for branded content
- Actively contribute in pre-sale & post-sale brainstorms
- Work with paid distribution team to ensure client KPI’s are met
- Liaise with stakeholders, among them account managers, producers and client partners, on communicating feedback and troubleshooting as needed
- Regularly update our revenue team on social best practices
- Assist with occasional evening and weekend programming across platforms
- Produce social-first branded campaigns on all social platforms
- Production/execution and delivery of social-first branded campaigns across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Pivot strategy as company priorities and platform landscape change
- Constant evaluation of our social channels and the social media landscape; identifying new trends and opportunities and bringing them to our clients
You have these:
- 5-6 years experience working as a social media editor for a publisher or a brand and at least 1 year experience managing social media editors
- Expertise programming across all social platforms
- Experience working with brand partners, influencers, and other revenue-driven relationships
- A network of content creators you can call on to help create social-first video content
- An understanding of why one piece of content cannot look the same on every platform, and how to optimize accordingly
- Flawless command of spelling and grammar
- Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload and meet deadlines without fail
To be successful here you are:
- Extremely proactive, a true self-starter that can take an idea or project and run with it
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle a lot at once
- Able to work independently with little oversight; dependable and reliable
- Outstanding collaborator, positive and patient, no task is too big or too small
- A fan of the internet on all its facets and an active participant on all social platforms
- Forward thinking, able to anticipate changes based on industry trends and suggest pivots
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.