Manager, Social Media
WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, pack-oriented individual with a passion for social media, content creation, and audience development to join our pet-loving team. The Social Media Manager will be able to enhance our brand and build strong online communities through both visual and text-based storytelling.
This role is responsible for strategizing, developing, and administering social media content that is designed to create an interactive relationship between consumers and the company. As part of executing the team’s brand strategy, you will create original text, content, and video content. There is also a community management component as you will manage posts and respond to followers. You will manage our brand image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals and drive awareness and engagement for the brand.
The successful candidate will collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns. As a Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s expertise in pets, technology, and data analytics clearly and creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring steady audience growth, high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives, KPIs, and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency in both brand voice and content visuals.
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok YouTube and Twitter
- Manage our influencers and Ambassadors programs
- Collaborate with other teams such as customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Instagram grid, Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and contests
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Oversee the creating and implementation of the monthly social content l calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels
- Strategize 2+ pieces of content for the website’s blog page based around cultural moments (holidays, weather, etc.) and the marketing calendar
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship