Manager Social Media
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
The Social Media Manager oversees BDC’s social media strategy and leads a team responsible for community management, content planning and production, and the delivery of tactics to ensure great visibility in social media platforms. He/she is responsible for the successful rollout of strategic projects to evolve BDC’s presence in social channels and to support BDC’s business, brand and acquisition objectives.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Leads BDC’s social media strategy from planning to execution including short and long-term initiatives.
- Manages a team of experts including a Community Manager, Content Producer and a Social Media Advisor.
- Oversees BDC’s social media content strategy and content calendar and ensures its alignment with company priorities.
- Manages budget and relationship with digital agencies to ensure the successful delivery of social media initiatives.
- Presents recommendations and delivers plans to increase BDC’s organic presence in existing and new social media channels.
- Presents recommendations to increase engagement and brand sentiment in social platforms.
- Ensures social media roadmap projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Works in collaboration with the Digital Media team to ensure alignment between organic posts and paid advertising in social platforms.
- Oversees the strategy and evolution of BDC’s Employee Advocacy Program.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting on social media performance across different channels and KPIs.
- Works in collaboration with Marketing teams and other departments to support BDC’s social media presence including visibility for key corporate initiatives and events coverage.
- Stays abreast of social media latest trends, platforms algorithm and policy changes and constantly adapts the plan to sustain BDC’s visibility and engagement levels.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business, e-business, marketing, communications, social media, public relations, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in social media with at least 4 years in a team management role.
- Experience or knowledge of the financial industry, entrepreneurship domain or B2B sector (an asset).
- Agency experience or experience managing relationships with agencies (an asset).
- Proficient in a wide range of social media activities such as community management, influencers outreach, monitoring, content marketing, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the ever-changing social media landscape.
- Proficient in project management with effective time and priority management skills.
- Proactive, determined and results-oriented person.
- Team player with customer service orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and keep key players informed.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in coaching and team development.
- Good judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to report on performance, analyze results and present insights.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and cross-functional collaboration skills to work effectively with partners, business units and stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Bilingualism (French and English).
With us, you'll be able to achieve the work/life balance you're looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at accessibility@BDC.ca, and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.