HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta’s Global Sales team is dedicated to building strong relationships with corporate customers, agency partners and specialty sales accounts worldwide. The Sales Marketing & Innovation team supports B2B customers, Corporate Travelers, and our best-in-class sales force by delivering industry-leading products, services, tools, and programs that drive critical loyalty and revenue to Delta. We have a highly talented team in place and are looking for the best innovators and thought leaders.
The Manager - Sales Messaging Strategy is responsible for developing the messaging that target and engage Delta’s B2B customers. This individual will lead a team responsible for translating Delta and Global Sales strategic priorities into clear, relevant messages for business audiences across Sales marketing channels. This includes oversight of B2B storylines and positioning, positioning Global Sales senior executives as thought leaders across the industry, and directing content for impactful strategic virtual and in-person customer engagements.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Must be a skilled storyteller - a highly articulate and persuasive writer and speaker with fluency and agility to quickly develop communications strategies.
- Possesses strong program and project management skills and is a proactive self-starter who anticipates and plans for competing priorities and negotiates deliverables accordingly.
- Possesses curious mindset, valuing research and insights to drive decision making and can translate data into executive-level storytelling.
- Must be comfortable in a high-performing, fast-paced environment, can adapt quickly to support the development of content and decision making in rapidly developing, time-sensitive situations.
- Has the maturity, confidence, and perspective to manage quick/unexpected transitions or conflicts to successful resolution. Must be able to challenge conventional thinking in a constructive way.
- Develops deep, productive relationships internally and externally and excels in influencing outcomes across teams and in collaborative environments.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles to develop talent and inspire teams to perform.
- Must have expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- The role is Atlanta-based and may require regular domestic and some international travel (up to 25% total travel).
- Develops plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current role.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with prior professional experience in marketing or communications is strongly preferred
- Understanding of the corporate selling environment and experience with Global Field Sales teams is preferred