The position is for the role of Royalty Manager, oversees royalty management for PlayStation’s physical and digital business in the U.S./Americas region. SIE contracts external publishers to create and to develop software titles for playability on its PS platforms, while also offering digital 1st/3rd party games, content & services via the PlayStation Network. Royalty obligations for all these sales are calculated, managed and reported for proper payments to publishers. The Royalty Manager is responsible for overseeing all the activities and manage the cost of sales and payables due to each game publishers, and associated margin for all related obligations.
- Manage all royalty accounting functions (retail and digital) to ensure accuracy and efficiencies
- Manage a royalty team of four
- Collaborate closely with Third Party Relation teams, Legal, and regional RHQs Finance teams on new agreements, buyouts, co-marketing deals and various other special deals from a Finance perspective
- Work closely with FP&A and digital business planning teams on forecast and budget for all royalty related cost
- Review and ensure proper calculations, margin consistencies, and proper liability accrual bookings and payments
- Establish good working relationship with internal contacts and maintain effective communications with publishers for any financial inquiries
- Manage and provide accounting guidance for related royalty obligations and how to properly reflect the accounting treatment
- Lead and drive system enhancement projects to achieve better efficiencies for current and future automation
- Interpret reports and records for stakeholders and communicate with internal/external groups for sales or royalty related issues.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results with management and Finance teams
- Month end close responsibilities encompassing journal entries, account reconciliation, and balance sheet schedules
- Work with PWC and internal audit to ensure compliance for statutory audits and SOX
- Ad hoc projects and other miscellaneous accounting functions
- BS Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or related field
- 7 years’ experience with good understanding of general ledger, statutory books, and month end close process
- Experience in managing relationships with gaming publishers or external customers
- Solid foundation in GAAP/IFRS, with working knowledge of royalty accounting and its concepts preferred
- Strong accounting background and demonstrated the ability to read and interpret legal contracts and its contents
- Demonstrated skills in understanding of the trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnote disclosures
- Solid oral communication skills and analytical skills
- Possess integrity and accountability and strong work ethic
- Ability to take initiative and command of given responsibilities
- Experience with royalty software a plus
- Experience with SAP a must
- Experience within the gaming industry preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.