Best BuyRichfield, MNa month ago
The Manager, Reporting is directly responsible for formulating and executing on a strategy to advance and continually evolve the Center of Excellence capability in a highly matrixed environment. This leader will be an influential change agent to the omni-channel operations division to be more effective in the run-the-business and strategic direction based on the foundation of data. You will need to create strategic partnerships within BBCC and the Best Buy enterprise, but also with 3rd Party engagements and within the broader industry seizing opportunities to leverage supporting capabilities that exist across the enterprise to the benefit of One Best Buy, such as Best Buy’s big data capabilities.
Reporting & Insights:
- Experience in rolling out a vision for what reporting and data architecture will look like in the future addressing potential obstacles and create a roadmap to achieve milestones and annual goals.
- Create dashboard(s) to be reported to executives and field operators capturing data insights that help translate data into a story and how it impacts decisions and results.
- Create foundational data marts/tables to define business KPIs and uncover potential areas of opportunity and process breakdowns.
- Owner and manager of the implementation of the reporting and data architecture roadmap along with automated solutions.
- Lead in the innovation space by creating new ways of finding opportunities to learn and try new ideas while rapidly assess their value. Create an environment of continuously finding ways to drive quality, speed, and efficiency to make a positive and lasting impact. Partner with other areas across the enterprise to ensure continuous improvement, driving a positive experience for customers while delivering cost effective solutions.
- Leverage deep knowledge of industry and technology trends to act as a strategic change agent and continually evolve the reporting center of excellence capability (people, process and technology) ensuring that the capability is effectively supporting the ongoing advancement of the One Best Buy strategy, including data and reporting governance; partnering with IT to develop strategies and deliver on technologies required; partner with HR to ensure continued development opportunities for the team, etc.
- Provides direction and influence to the team while motivating them to succeed. Creates an environment of growth, development and learning. Takes ownership of performance management while providing development opportunities for the team and recognizes contributions and inspires a positive culture.
- Partner cross-functionally within retail and across the Best Buy enterprise to deliver excellence and ensure timely, accurate and meaningful reporting and insights to include run-the business as well as strategic growth initiatives.
- 6 years or more of related experience in data analysis, data modeling, data architecture & transformation or other similar business functions
- 3 years or more of project management experience leading multi-workstream projects including budgets, timelines, and communication to Sr leadership.
- B.A. degree
- People leadership experience and/or indirect people leadership experience without formal authority
- 6 years or more of experience using a diverse set of qualitative and user-centered research methods
- 6 years or more of data wrangling and transformation experience in Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, Power Query, Big Query
- 6 years or more of advanced Excel using complex equations, VBA, Power Query/Pivot
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, IBM Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, SSRS.