Manager Public Affairs
The Manager of Public Affairs will serve as the top PR leader in the Arkansas market. This person will be responsible for building and cultivating a positive image with community leaders and consumers acting as primary media spokesperson and overseeing media messaging and management overseeing the charitable activity and relationships with non-profit organizations creating opportunities for employee engagement and volunteerism and other activities necessary for optimal reputation management and community and employee engagement.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- This position develops and implements community programs that positively impact the business, engages employees, and reflects well on the company.
- Manages community relations programs aligned closely with corporate strategies and programs including but not limited to youth, technology, education, veterans, conservation, diversity, and inclusion.
- Has strong community relationships that can be leveraged to grow the business and drive business results through initiatives and programs.
- Supports the company's business goals by raising awareness in the community, media and public of Cox Business, residential and commercial products, and other departments to ensure alignment of strategies and initiatives for maximum benefit and ROI.
- Serves as point of contact with local media and develops proactive and reactive messaging.
- Identifies integrated partnership opportunities which benefit primarily Cox Business, Marketing and Residential Sales, cultivating those relationships and coordinating internal resources to increase revenue.
- Implements corporate giving strategy and develops strategic community partnerships in the local region.
- Executes initiatives in the local region and develops major sponsorships in multi-level platforms.
- Manages philanthropy efforts and charitable giving activities, including oversight of the Cox Charities Foundation and management of its board and committees.
- Drives employee giving initiatives and promotions year-round to support employee contributions to the Cox Charities Foundation.
- Manages employee volunteer efforts to support employee engagement as well as involvement on non-profit community boards of directors, including recruitment, training, programs, and recognition.
- Executes corporate communication strategy including but not limited to media relations and social media.
- Handles high-priority customer and government relations issues, such as referrals from government entities, advocacy agencies, etc. in coordination with the Government Affairs team.
- Develops and implements tactical plans that supports public affairs goals, including priorities, objectives, and timelines to meet goals.
- Works closely with all functions of Public Affairs including government affairs, and communications, ensuring Cox is well positioned in the community with proper messaging. Coordinate PSA inventory on cross channels.
- Analyzes market trends coordinates and communicates with others to determine appropriate responses.
- Responsible for budgeting for public, community and media contributions.
- Motivates and coaches others to achieve department and company goals.
- 7+ years of public affairs experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Experience managing philanthropy efforts and charitable giving activities.
- Experience developing, implementing, and sustaining strategic community programs.
- Experience in external communications, including social media, writing, and copyediting.
- Experience working collaboratively to deliver upon company and department initiatives.
- Experience managing team projects.
- BS/BA in Communications, Journalism, Business, Public Affairs, etc.
- Existing community relationships
- Experience in telecommunications industry