Connected is one of the largest and fastest growing vertically integrated cannabis companies in California. We take pride in cultivating high end, designer strains that are lightyears ahead of anyone else in the industry. Our mission is to revolutionize the cannabis experience and become the first publicly traded cannabis company.
We have been breeding, growing and selling the best cannabis in the world since 2009. We have a combination of 10 years of leading industry experience and proprietary genetics with cutting-edge Silicon Valley technological approaches to cultivation has earned their flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. In 2017, Connected acquired the popular brand Alien Labs, known for its unique strains and streetwear-inspired merchandise. Today, Connected maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf strains cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities in both California and Arizona and operates three Connected retail locations throughout Northern California.
We currently have 300+ employees across ten locations and we are in a high growth phase expanding rapidly. If you are interested in joining a world class team and working in an exciting new industry with a leader in genetics, innovation, career opportunities and growing practices, we encourage you to apply!
The role of the Production Manager provides vision, direction and management of product operations. Ensures compliance with company procedures and product specifications.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the inventory and production function including supervising inventory and production associates.
- Demonstrate on-site leadership by modeling leadership qualities and proactively addressing concerns, conflicts, and communication hurdles with team members.
- Drive productivity by setting daily, weekly and longer term goals for the team; and communicate and support high expectations for teamwork, mutual respect, open communication within the team and across functions.
- Manage supplies ordering/purchasing for production including packaging, labels, equipment and other supplies.
- Ensure finished products are accurately packaged, labeled and system conversions are accurately recorded in the inventory management system.
- Maintain the production schedule to ensure stock levels are optimum and staff have access to accurate information.
- Transport of finished goods inventory
- Ensures employee evaluations for all direct report staff are completed annually
- Continuously drives Quality efforts of bulk biomass as it moves through production.
- Daily tracking of yields by batch, as well as hour-by-hour goal tracking.
- Drives continuous improvement of SOPs to maximize efficiency, keeping quality top of mind.
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment is maintained daily, monthly and yearly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position manages all employees of the production team and is responsible for their performance management and staffing needs of the department.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervising non-exempt production employees
- Experience in the cannabis industry highly preferred
- Excellent computer and mathematics skills, as well as data analysis; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills.
- Experienced relationship with internal team and external partners.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Comfortable learning new technologies.
- Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting and ability to recommend to management well thought out recommendations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strongly committed to providing high quality products to clients including the packing and presentation of the products.
- Safety and compliance focused.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day. Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally without assistance. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Connected is an exciting, innovative workplace with an inclusive culture that offers rare career opportunities, and a chance to make a real-world impact in a new start-up industry! We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis industry.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401 (k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!