Manager Product Development
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning.
The Product Development Manager will be responsible for managing and executing on the day-to-day product development process. This person will be the primary liaison with external vendors and CMs to ensure that concepts are communicated clearly and executed according to Glossier’s formulation guidelines. This position will report into the Director of Product Development.
6 Month Expectations
- Pick up and oversee the development for 2024 and 2025 launches
- Research and develop expertise of the category and competitive landscape
- Initiate, write, and present cohesive and complete product briefs both internally and externally and partner with external vendors to execute against the product concept
- Responsible for internal communication with cross-functional partners as it relates to product briefs, formula feedback, copy and claims, artwork and regulatory deliverables
- Partner closely with Packaging, Design, and Product Marketing, to create a holistic product experience that engages Glossier’s new and repeat consumers
- Manage critical dates and influence cross-functionally to maintain timelines for launches, managing risks and understanding tradeoffs along the development process while delivering products with the highest standards for quality and performance
- Partner closely with R&I and Regulatory to deliver and support performant formulations
- Monitor and maintain on-time delivery of critical project milestones
- Review all batch submissions as needed, including on-site approvals whenever necessary
- Support training for marketing, sales, retail and customer support, including formula dossiers, usage instructions, Q&A’s, etc. to ensure success of product in market
- Build and maintain external vendor relationships
12+ Month Expectations
- Partner with key stakeholders on the face category strategy for 2025 following with product concepts that execute on that strategy, defining how they fit within the Glossier portfolio, point of difference on the market, and bringing innovation to the forefront of the concept
- Support international expansion activities, including evaluation / reforms for compliance, locally relevant claims, and registration
- Work with labs, raw material suppliers, CMs, community and other partners on an ongoing basis to identify innovation and opportunities to build new iconic/hero products
- College degree required or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience in beauty product development
- Experience building strong relationships with domestic and international vendors
- Ability present to small and large groups comfortably, including management and c-suite executives
- Passionate about skincare, makeup and the beauty industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects through strong prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Is a self-starter, able to take initiative, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Is a team player, flexible and able to adapt to changes
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Attend meetings internal and external as needed including but not limited to retailer presentations, trade shows, labs, factories, etc.
- Domestic and international travel is required
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum compensation range for this position:
- The estimated annual pay range for this role is $100,000 - $130,000
- There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role.
- Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units, Paid Time Off, Short Term and Long Term Disability leave, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.