Manager, Process Technology
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Process Technology Manager is accountable for ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of process technology group. Key functions include:
- Lead and develop a team of scientists for product and process development and optimizing activities related to dietary supplements and OTC products, key technology focus being solid and liquid dose formulation, controlled release, direct compression, wet granulation, film coatings, roller compaction etc. and emerging technologies in this space.
- End to end technical lifecycle management of products and driving accountability for deliverables with the team.
- Oversee development of tech transfer, scale up and validation plans for noted pharmaceutical technologies with focus on technical due diligence and risk assessment.
- Lead evaluation and implementation of material, equipment and process technology innovation in collaboration with internal and external innovation partners.
- Identify and implement opportunities of continuous improvement.
- Lead the group in the management and governance of validation plans related to process, cleaning, and continued (ongoing) validation and qualifications.
- Interacts with FDA when onsite for audit as a subject matter expert.
- Authoring and maintenance of relevant SOPs and ensuring compliance.
- This position provides technical leadership and/or support for other initiatives at the site as needed.
- Assignments are in complex problem areas targeted to the achievement of broad group or division objectives.
- Work results have a broad impact on the Consumer Health organization.
- The incumbent uses the knowledge of Bayer’s global directives and industry standards to develop programs that ensure the sites continued compliance with the relevant regulatory agency requirements
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred)
- A track record which demonstrates the skills needed to lead, manage, coach, and develop employees and teams.
- Supervisory experience in managing experienced technical staff required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, management, communication, and decision making skills.
- An excellent understanding of the unit operations associated with the manufacture of solid and liquid pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- In depth knowledge of industry process and cleaning validation requirements.
- Prior experience with continuous manufacturing, continuous coating and PAT preferred.
- In depth knowledge of statistical process control and design of experiments
- Builds effective teams, cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, customer focus, action oriented/drives results, collaborates globally and locally, plans and aligns, drives stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the scientific aspects of company's activities and apply that knowledge to the company's goals.
- Demonstrated ability to explain and recommend to all levels of personnel the results of projects.
- The flexibility to work in a team-oriented or independent environment depending on project needs.
- Demonstrated competencies: problem solving, practical judgment, initiative/assertiveness, job knowledge, leadership, planning/organizing, attention to detail, sense of urgency/timing, creativity/innovation, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 10 + years of manufacturing or product development experience preferred or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline with 8+ years of proven experience noted above preferred;
- Or a Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline with 4+ years of experience noted above preferred.
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination. Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.