At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system.
We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
- Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
- BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
- Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
As People Operations Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in enhancing employee engagement, ensuring the seamless operations and success of our high-performance workforce, and shaping our company culture. We’re looking for a generalist who will serve as the “face” of People Operations for our NYC office and global workforce: you should thrive as a community-builder and have a strong orientation toward employee engagement and development. At the same time, this role will have operational responsibilities, so the ability to be process-driven and detail-attuned is a must.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in New York City, reporting to the Director of People Operations. Nova Credit’s workforce is global and distributed, with a critical mass in New York City. Given the nature of this role, we expect this person to work from our NYC office at least 3 days per week.
Engagement & Development
- Develop employee engagement and recognition programs that foster a positive, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
- Administer learning and development initiatives that empower Novans across all levels to grow and excel in their roles; facilitate leadership development programs that nurture the growth of our people managers; support Director of People Operations in facilitation of performance review cycles.
- Lead and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, working to create an environment where all Novans feel valued, supported, and represented.
- Lead the stewardship of remote work initiatives, ensuring that our remote Novans feel as connected, supported, and engaged as those who work from an office.
- Maintain a strong on-the-ground presence in the NYC workplace, serving as the go-to person for people operations matters and primary point of contact for NYC office operations.
- Run payroll and benefits administration, and ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations, working closely with PEO and Director of People Operations.
- Administer leaves of absence with empathy and efficiency, working closely with PEO and Novans to ensure smooth transitions.
- Execute full-cycle recruiting strategies that attract top-tier, diverse talent to our organization - this role will flexibly take on some recruiting responsibilities, dependent on need, partnering with the Recruiting function at Nova Credit.
Within the first month, you'll
- Get your feet wet by learning and understanding Nova Credit’s culture
- Meet the team and establish yourself as a key People Operations presence in the NYC office
- Begin identifying areas of opportunity for HR processes and employee engagement efforts
Within the first quarter, you'll
- Help support our year-end performance cycle
- Independently lead critical People Operations processes (e.g. payroll, leaves of absence) with oversight from Director of People Operations
- Gain the tools and confidence to recruit for technical and non-technical roles
- Begin defining the structure and tenets of comprehensive employee engagement, L&D, and DEI programs
Within the first year, you'll
- Make meaningful strides in building, defining, and fostering Nova Credit’s culture as we scale
- Boost employee engagement, career development, inclusion, and workplace satisfaction through ongoing programming and initiatives
- Experience in people operations, human resources, or related roles, with exposure to tech/startups preferred.
- People-first mindset, with a proven track record of challenging HR norms, fostering innovation, building trust, and driving change in progressive work environments.
- Experience and proclivity toward driving employee engagement, learning & development, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. Talent acquisition experience - especially in recruiting for technical roles - is a plus.
- Familiarity with and understanding of employment laws, regulations, and compliance practices - or ability to quickly learn them.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives independently. Incisive judgment, process orientation, and business sense are all musts.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and other relevant software.
- Desire to learn and have exposure to all facets of a company’s People department.
Base Salary Range for U.S.-based candidates: $105,000 - $136,000 a year, dependent on candidate’s individual experience, skills, education, location, and qualifications.
We consider all elements of compensation as a part of the value we provide to Novans. This may include: base salary, equity grants, incentive compensation for eligible roles, professional development, flexible PTO, and tenure rewards. We offer U.S.-based Novans competitive, employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to mental health and wellness benefits and a range of other benefits & perks.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.