The Manager of US and Canada Payroll Operations will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Manager to handle all payroll operations for WeWork in these 2 countries, with an outsourced payroll model. This role partners closely with and supports employees and internal clients, manages the service delivery model, handles issue resolution, the development of new processes, and collaborates with the Payroll Compensation Accounting team to ensure proper reporting of compensation expenses. The Manager may also assist in payroll projects, as needed, and is expected to stay abreast of labor, employment tax, and payroll developments in the US and Canada which could impact the Firm and its employees.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage 1-2 payroll staff members and collaborate with the Sr Manager and managed payroll partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of payroll, in accordance with US and Canadian regulations.
- Collaborate in reporting for equity activity (RSU conversions and Stock Options exercises), other imputed income, etc.
- Responsible for preparing reconciliations and/or reviewing reconciliations of payroll data, as required during the process.
- Partner with Compensation Accounting team to provide information on queries, as needed.
- Collaborate on quarterly and year-end tax processes including tax adjustments, W-2/T-4 signoffs, Corrected W-2/T-4, etc.
- Work with Head of Global Payroll and US Senior Manager to maintain proper internal controls across all processes.
- Work with Head of Global Payroll and US Senior Manager on projects as they arise, such as acquisitions, new market implementations, tax law changes, etc.
- Work closely with internal partners to support employees in the US and Canada.
- Maintain productive partnerships with other members of the Global Payroll, People, Tax, People Systems, Legal, Equity and Finance, teams.
- Strong foundational knowledge and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a US Payroll department.
- Knowledge of employment regulations and timekeeping rules, allowing for compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Knowledge of US Federal and State withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy, and regulations as they related to US payroll reporting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and vendors.
- Strong client service mentality; able to work with stakeholders, employees and vendors to deliver a positive employee experience.
- Ability to successfully handle and execute, in a timely and accurate manner, the numerous priorities which arise in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Workday HCM and Payroll (US)
- Certified Payroll Professional