Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Manager, Operations to manage the overall food services program provided at 25 Madison through our 3rd party food services vendor. The Manager, Operations will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our food services vendor and working with them to obtain proper financials and metrics for 25 Madison food offerings which includes the Sony Club restaurant, the Hub, catering services, and the pantries. Additionally, this role will handle budgeting and calculating the 25 Madison operating expenses to determine the rent rate to be billed out internally among Sony affiliates occupying the premises. This position will report to the Director, Operations and Finance in the Facilities Department.
This is a hybrid role requiring 3-4 days per week on-site at 25 Madison Ave. There may be occasions where a 5th day could be necessary.
- Responsible for successfully overseeing the food service program liaising with our 3rd party food service provider to oversee the day-to-day operations of 25 Madison’s dining Hub (cafeteria), Sony Club restaurant, pantries, and catering services.
- Manage relationship with our food services vendor and ensure timely receipt of financial and operational information.
- Provide clear effective financial analysis of financial statement variances and clarity on food service programs and offerings.
- Analyze and determine operational best practices to ensure an organized relationship with 3rd party provider to ensure Sony employees have a seamless on-site dining experience.
- Manage KPIs for facilitating operational best practices relating to food service management.
- Ensure food services offered are cost effective and properly utilized.
- Identify gaps in service and create effective solutions.
- Identify high-cost areas and develop a plan of action to manage and/or reduce expenses where applicable.
- Ensure 3rd party vendor is providing service and food quality that meets Sony’s standards and expectations.
- Liaise with both internal and external clients. This includes working with accounting teams at other operating companies to ensure alignment of the food services programs being offered and presenting financial information and food service related metrics.
- Maintains a budget based on a defined set of budget assumptions while ensuring quality standards. This includes budgeting and calculating operating expenses to determine rent billed internally to Sony affiliates.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in business or related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Self-starter with a proactive, flexible, and adaptable mindset who shows initiative.
- Problem solving skills to create, manage, and iterate on best practices.
- Strong Financial acumen – Can prepare/understand/read financial statements and can perform variance analysis.
- Background in Operations and working cross functionally.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage crisis control.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Exceptional verbal, written, & communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer an environment and culture that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for you to thrive as part of Sony’s purpose to “fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology”.
SCA offers benefits-eligible employees (generally regular employees scheduled to work 20 or more hours a week) a comprehensive benefits program that offers coverage and support for employees and their family’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
What we offer you:
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage with coverage for spouses/domestic partners and child dependents, including access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee assistance plan and comprehensive behavioral health benefits
- Fertility benefits, including surrogacy, and adoption assistance programs
- Basic and supplemental life insurance for employees as well as supplemental life insurance coverage for their spouses/domestic partners and children
- Voluntary benefits such as group legal, identity theft protection, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability plans
- Paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) Plan with pre-tax, Roth, and after-tax options and company match which vests immediately
- Education assistance and student loan programs
- Time off to include vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, Summer Fridays (early release), and a winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day (based on business needs)
- Referral bonuses (subject to eligibility)
- Matching gift program
- A wide variety of employee business resource groups (EBRGs)
- Special discounts on Sony products, offered exclusively to Sony employees
- Employee stock purchase plan (Sony covers commissions and fees for your Sony stock purchases made through after-tax payroll deductions)
- Annual incentive bonus
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $115,000 to $125,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.