At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Do you develop amazing teams? Are you looking to grow your career with a globally trusted brand? Do you enjoy partnering with internal and external stakeholders? Then apply now!
US Credit Operations (USCO) is an integral part of the Global Card and Risk Operations organization (GCRO) servicing US market customers across Consumer and Small Business portfolios. USCO sits in multiple locations across the globe and involves over 20 unique functional teams that focus on collections and recovering balances, managing risk and account exposures, and of course, delivering exemplary service to our Customers through probing conversations to deliver the best solutions.
As our new Operations Manager you will take part in leading a Team of front-line team leaders across various functional segments in a dynamic environment:
- Provide inspirational leadership, direction, and day to day management for front line team leaders and colleagues
- Strong ability to engage and lead teams in an Amex Flex or fully virtual environment
- Create culture of transparent feedback across the teams by leveraging variety of work from home tools
- Develop and execute operational strategy to maximize effectiveness including flawless execution of operational policies and procedures
- Targeted focus on performance and implement improvement plans as needed
- Support business decisions and accountable to drive business results and leading teams through changing environments
- Identify issues and process gaps, and make recommendations for improvements
- Build and develop a diverse team of frontline leaders
- Liaise with a number of key partners including Risk, HR and other strategy support teams as needed
- Drive results for the business in all key areas (Shareholder, Customer and Employee)
- Ability to drive results in colleague engagement & satisfaction
- Create an inclusive environment where colleague’s voices are heard and provide a sense of belonging
- Keen ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire change through transformational leadership
- Customer First mindset with a commitment to winning
- Ability to collaborate in a matrix environment
- A proven track record of employee development
- Sense of urgency for our colleagues and customers
- Demonstrates flexibility, agility, and resiliency
- Knowledge of Amex systems and credit processes desirable
- 3-5 years recent people leader experience
- Unquestionable integrity
- Communicate effectively and able to build strong relationships with people of all levels
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.