Manager of Tax
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
The Manager of Tax is a member of the Finance Department and is responsible for technical income tax accounting, tax fixed asset calculations, adherence to SOX controls, and overall tax process efficiencies. This role will be part of a collaborative, team-oriented environment whose focus is on development and career fulfillment of its teammates. This role will include maintaining an environment of technical expertise and regular review of best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the federal and state tax calculations for the company’s fixed asset ledger
- Assist with calculation and review of the company’s ASC 740 income tax provision & related FIN 48 disclosures on a quarterly basis including presenting information necessary to complete the financial statement footnote disclosure
- Assist in the review of federal and state income tax returns, quarterly estimates, & annual extensions, and miscellaneous business filings
- Assist in federal and state income tax credit research and compliance, including the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- Manage the company’s franchise tax calculations and compliance filings.
- Support and maintain complex tax calculations including inventory and stock compensation calculations, as needed.
TAX LAWS & COMPLIANCE:
- Develop & maintain an in‐depth knowledge of state income tax laws, legislation & current developments affecting the company.
- Monitor & analyze newly enacted legislation to minimize and accurately report the company’s taxes.
- Research and document income tax questions as they arise.
- Assist Senior Director of Tax with tax research and coordination of tax projects.
DEVELOP AND TRAIN TEAM MEMBERS:
- Provide leadership and mentoring to teammates within the tax department through consistent communication and partnered training.
- Manage and develop teammates
- Drive transformation through process innovation and optimization of resources.
- Foster an environment that enables career growth and fulfillment of tax department teammates.
- Inspire a culture of teamwork and partnership that facilitates collaboration within the department as well as with other business functions.
- Engage in training and development related to both tax technical and leadership skills.
- Effectively communicate concepts, with the ability to customize the level of detail based on the audience receiving the information.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Accouting/Finance
- 5 – 7 Years experience
- Big 4 experience preferred, not required
- CPA preferred, not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact at all levels, from management to staff.
- Strong tax technical ASC740 understanding
- Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax Provision and Income Tax preferred