Manager of Quality Engineering
You may know Penske for our big yellow trucks. But did you know we’re an industry-leading technology innovation company? At Penske we have a 50-year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions.
It starts with our associates. No matter what your skills or technology stack, our IT team is for you! You’ll work and grow alongside great people and on dynamic projects. We inspire our IT experts to push the boundaries, create possibilities, be innovative, and, most of all, to have fun. Ultimately, you’ll help develop and ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. Do you have what IT takes?
As a Manager of Quality Engineering you will oversee all functional testing activities across multiple systems and cross functional projects and to ensure that it is done efficiently and effectively.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will manage a team of testers and engineers to help us create the next generation of innovative solutions while also enhancing and optimizing our existing systems and applications that support Penske’s lines of business. You will provide day-to-day management and development for your team, manage testing projects to ensure seamless delivery, implementation, support, and issue resolution. Using your knowledge and experience with technology, you will help guide our organization to test solutions that will move us forward and keep us ahead of the competition.
- Provide direction & day to day management of testing associates including onshore and offshore resources to ensure that product testing is prioritized, scheduled & completed according to business needs
- Conduct hiring and performance reviews. Guide & mentor associates in their career development & foster collaboration.
- Communicate & work with process owners in a consultative approach in reviewing, interpreting & testing systems in accordance with requirements while resolving issues / roadblocks as they occur.
- Responsible to ensure the staff tests the products based on testing practice standards
- Responsible to align testing across products where there is testing that can be reused across functions
- Deliver quality products by thorough testing through all phases of development.
- Implement metrics and leverage to identify testing process improvements
- Participate in test architecture and design discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent years of software testing experience
- 10+ years in functional testing experience with both manual and automated testing. This includes system and integration testing. Performance testing knowledge, a plus
- 3+ years managing/supervision small-medium sized teams
- ISTQB Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Process improvement experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software quality engineering practices and principles
- Full understanding of software development and testing lifecycles, methodologies and standards, especially around agile methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to take ultimate responsibility for testing many systems and applications
- Accurately estimate large and complex projects
- Strong analytical skills around system/software capabilities and how it relates to testing a technical solution
- Knowledge of various testing tools including Selenium, Cucumber, Karate, LoadRunner and jMeter
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of DB, UI, API, device testing
- · Significant knowledge of JAVA, Restful webservices, Angular, HTML/CSS, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, XML,
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies and flaws
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Awareness of trending quality engineering tools and technologies
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.