Manager of Financial Planning
The purpose of the Financial Planning is to help drive our rapid growth. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the financial planning, analysis and strategy of our multi-state, well capitalized - cannabis company. This role will allow you to work directly with the finance leadership to optimize financial results and business operations by preparing financial forecasts and models that support strategic decision-making. This role is highly collaborative, requires creative thinking, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently with limited oversight. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks across multiple disciplines while meeting deadlines.
- Partner with key leads within each operating unit to develop and track financial and non-financial KPIs to be included in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to the Executive Team and investors, including competitive benchmarking
- Prepare and monitor business unit level revenue projections, expense forecasts, and budgets
- Analyze and monitor financial reports, forecasts, and internal controls, making recommendations based on your analysis for optimization
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections and operating forecasts
- Establish, document, and maintain financial/operation policies and processes
- Provide insights into internal and external data trends to inform business decision
- Work closely with data analytics to develop standardized reporting catalogue including daily, weekly and monthly reporting cadence
- Understand market trends and competition within the cannabis space
- Build new processes and enhance existing processes by working with the Technology Department to automate and scale Holistic’s business operations
Physical Requirements of the Job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. May include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Ability to tolerate moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Exposure to long periods of bright lights. Long periods of prolonged use of office equipment including computers and phones.
Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Corporate Finance, Restructuring or Financial Due Diligence experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Experience in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, and analytics in a corporate HQ environment a plus
- Technological Skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel
- Proven experience in building strong financial models required;
- Experience in data analytic tools
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and improve key financial metrics
- Excellent skills in cash flow, P&L and B/S modeling, including working capital
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting standards
- Advance experience with powerpoint and data visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Startup company fundraising and cap table management experience, preferred
- Excellent ability to take initiative and demonstrated ability to work independently, but also collaborate and partner effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Career-motivated, dedicated, committed leader.
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Honesty and integrity