Manager of Cultivation
Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Cultivation Manager is responsible for the management and overseeing of the cultivation operation. The Cultivation Manager role serves to ensure the proper management and execution of production for the cultivation operational workflow from propagation to cannabis flower final packaging. This position is responsible for maintaining efficient, quality, compliant, and safe practices and standards, while proactively developing and evolving staffing, procedures, and technology towards continuous improvement. This role is responsible for the appropriate communication and collaboration from the cultivation facility with other PharmaCann departments and leadership. The Cultivation Manager will report directly to the Regional Cultivation Director.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
Procedures & Tasks
- This position is responsible for the management and direction of the cultivation facility to operate at a high standard by utilizing PharmaCann practices and cultivation standard operating procedures. The role will be supporting the coordination to maintain proper staffing, workflow, and quality standards and results, while proactively developing leadership and making practical and technological advancements to PharmaCann manufacturing practices.
- This position is responsible for holding the cultivation standard operating procedures by providing proper training, coaching, and guidance to the management of the cultivation departments to delegate and perform at a high standard consistently, throughout the entirety of the workflow of propagation to cannabis flower final packaging.
- Coordination with leadership of the Cultivation department in the execution of weekly objectives , requested projects, and routine planning both compliantly and punctually. Communication and collaboration to achieve these results with supporting PharmaCann departments, such as and not limited to, Supply Chain, Facilities, Legal, C&A, Quality Assurance, Controls, Analytics, R&D, Safety, IT, Accounting, Human Resources, and Retail departments.
- Taking direction from the Cultivation Directors to improve manufacturing and agricultural practices through analytics, logistics, R&D, and data collection. Communication and coordination with the Facilities and Construction departments to ensure proper maintenance and advancement of the cultivation facility.
- Managing the coordination to execute the weekly objectives, requested projects, and routine plans, compliantly and punctually. Directing leadership, including planning, assigning and coordinating work, appraising performance, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving employee issues.
- Providing effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of and alignment to PharmaCann’s vision, mission, and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale. Support and manage the coordination facility events, such as and not limited to, ownership visits and investor related activities
- Be able to provide assistance to the Regional Cultivation Director towards manufacturing projects, proactively and creatively achieve effective results within a given budget and by a deadline.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Cultivation Director.
- This position will follow the direction and training by the Regional Cultivation Director assigned to the state of Ohio. This position is expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the cultivation facilities assigned. The role is expected to engage in proactive participation to be able to clearly lead and direct the cultivation facilities to achieve the high standard cultivation practices, consistently and compliant.
- Training towards PharmaCann’s mission statement and leadership development.
- Understanding how to compliantly operate within the cultivation based on the state laws and regulations.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Provide direction and training to Cultivation Managers with a safe, well maintained, and organized cultivation facility. Support the management of cultivation departments towards procuring proper supplies and equipment, with recurring purchasing coordination with the Supply Chain department for essential replenishments towards workflow.
- Assist with providing leadership and direction to departmental employees to ensure the effective use and management of systems. Think in terms of operational effectiveness, accessibility, security, and scalability.
- Support the Cultivation department towards the direction, coordination, and delegation towards processes of sanitizing, organizing, maintenance, troubleshooting equipment, workspace functionality, and supplies to maintain proper organization of the cultivation facility.
- Support the Cultivation department towards the communication and collaboration with supporting departments, such as and not limited to, Facilities, Safety, C&A, Quality Assurance, and IT, to proactively resolve equipment, technology, and operational issues then prevent standard operating workflow.
- Support the Cultivation department towards noticeable environmental or product quality concerns. Proactively address them by finding solutions to resolve and maintain best practices.
Compliance and Reporting
- Direct the cultivation leadership in upholding current laws and regulations towards the cultivation facility. Adapt to updated laws and regulations to implement safe and effective practices to sustain highest quality standards and efficiencies.
- Direct the cultivation leadership in training and supervision to ensure compliance of the cultivation facility. Manage, coordinate, train, coach, supervise, discipline, and analyze with staff to maintain compliant practices and workflow. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be addressed, reported, and resolved. Communication with appropriate leadership to ensure resolution.
- Direct the leadership of the cultivation department towards the communication and collaboration with other supporting departments, such as and not limited to, Analytics, C&A, and Quality Assurance to ensure workflow operation maintains proper reporting, tracking, and compliance with laws, regulations, and company practices.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Regional Cultivation Director.
- This position is responsible for the supervision and management of the cultivation facility. Assist with directing and management of employees, including hiring and developing, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving employee issues.
- Ensure that individual and team performance meets the PharmaCann’s standards of service and quality.
- Supervise the Cultivation department attendance, time off balances, time off requests, pay change requests, position change requests, and all other attendance and documentation related procedures/processes.
- This position is expected to be available as needed to adherir to the responsibilities within and throughout the job description.
- Must be eligible for the position based on state and federal laws and regulations.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for over 40+ hour work weeks within this position, regularly.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
- Preferred at least 2 year employment with PharmaCann to apply.
- Preferred at least 3 years experience in manufacturing and/or cannabis operations.
- Preferred at least 2 year of prior leadership experience to apply.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment required. Experience managing over 70+ employees is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently exceed productivity and performance requirements. Shows the capability to handle multiple tasks at once under tight deadlines. Capability to deliver and lead an entire cultivation facility to achieve highly productive results in all departments.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail and the ability to resolve conflict and complex issues.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Ability to create, utilize, and modify electronic documents. Advanced electronic and technical skills preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess.
- Knowledge of local, state, regional states, and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Secondary education or equivalent preferred.
Skill Sets Preferred for Position:
- Ability to direct and manage multiple department with simultaneous success long-term
- Company evolving dedication to deliver results; a difference-maker
- Inspiring and motivating to leadership
- Very effective communication and collaboration skills with external leadership
- Analytical, logistical, technical, mechanical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving team leadership skills
- Professional, quality, compliant, and safe decision making
- Willing to give and take direction