Manager of Contract Administration
Universal Pictures is searching for Manager of Contract Administration to provide casting administration support to the Director of Contract Administration.
- Meet with Casting Directors, Production Coordinators and Extras Casting Directors to discuss Casting Administration Procedures. Meetings are in person or held virtually, depending on the location of production and casting offices.
- Prepare and update manual given to the Casting Director and Production Coordinator for each feature film.
- Review all non-Schedule F performer deal memos received from Casting Directors and Production Coordinators to ensure compliance with Universal policies and SAG rules.
- Distribute all non-Schedule F actor deal memos to various departments within the studio.
- Confirm there are deal memos for every non-Schedule F performer.
- Draft all non-Schedule F performer contracts (actors, stunt performers, background upgrades, pilots, singers, dancers, puppeteers, looping) for both theatrical and streaming feature films.
- Work with attorneys in reviewing and drafting non-standard language.
- Work with the Labor Department as needed to resolve any issues as they pertain to SAG-AFTRA policies.
- For non-Schedule F minors, draft agreements, parental agreements, corporate events releases, and work with outside counsel to ensure court approval.
- Input, update, and track progress of Contracts in Smartsheet.
- At the end of production, make sure we have received all documents before the production office is closed.
- Provide coverage when the Director of Casting Administration is absent.
- Minimum 2 years experience with drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Minimum 2 years experience and demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience working in an administrative capacity at a major studio or independent production company.
- Experience working in feature casting or feature production.
- Knowledge of SAG rules.
- Paralegal Certificate (or equivalent experience).
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.