Manager, Media & Integrated Marketing
The Manager, Media & Integrated Marketing – Lifestyle Brands Rest of World (LSB ROW) will serve as one of the Company’s global media experts, supporting the Lifestyle Brands team to help drive global expansion of SC Johnson acquisitions such as Mrs. Meyers Clean Day, Method, Ecover, Babyganics and Sun Bum.
- Reporting to the Director, Media & Integrated Marketing, NA/Europe/LSB ROW, they are part of the Media and Integrated Marketing (MIM) Team, which is responsible for strategy, planning, buying and implementation of traditional and digital media and activations for our core brands and markets around the world.
- Working with the regional MIM and local Marketing Commercialization teams and agencies, they will build and optimize breakthrough plans for the LSB brands in those markets, focusing primarily on leading media-to-cart communication planning and media activation, including understanding our omnichannel strategy and activation of eCommerce/retailer media as well as optimizing social and digital media influencer and grassroots activation plans.
- As an extended member of the Lifestyle ROW global team, they will partner with global marketing leads, collaborating on market activation strategies, sharing best practices and learnings, as well as tracking trends and establishing success metrics for branded efforts through launch and roll-out
The person will work closely with Marketing and MIM agency partners—including media, shopper, technology, and insights — to develop, execute, and steward integrated marketing and media strategy, content and execution to optimize performance, efficiency, and competitive position.
This role will interact frequently with senior stakeholders, requiring strategic capabilities, strong leadership and project management skills, influencing and communication skills, and exceptional collaboration.
This Media Manager should possess a strong media background, ideally with experience on both the agency and client sides, with strategy, planning and buying experience across all media types, including digital, social and eCommerce, working within a market team as well as ideally global/regional experience. In addition, they should be able to demonstrate work experience partnering and collaborating across Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) disciplines, such as creative, production, public relations (PR), partnerships, etc.
The position is located in downtown Chicago, Illinois, with intermittent travel to Racine, Wisconsin based on team/meeting needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive implementation of the media-to-cart planning process in partnership with Global LSB ROW and local Marketing Commercialization teams, i.e. setting timelines, managing completion of strategy and activation plans and presentations, and coordinating feedback across categories and countries.
- Evolve integrated media and marketing playbook for launching SCJ lifestyle brands into new markets around the world, with ongoing updates based on iterative learning of best practices
- Focus on searching and re-applying best cases across brands and markets, operationalizing these learnings into the LSB ROW playbooks.
- Develop and drive user experience design principles across our marketing tactics and work with agencies and other partners to implement these principles in practice, including but not limited to website design, SEO, digital content designed for platform, influencer activation, etc.
- Develop recommendations and align direction in collaboration with the global marketing team, in partnership with the local marketing teams and agency partners, on proposed media and digital strategy, channel plans and integrated media and marketing program concepts, execution and analysis based on best practices and program objectives.
- Partner with Regional MIM Managers on defining roles and best practices on ways of working as we roll out Lifestyle brands into the regions, including but not limited to agency briefing process, development and review of local media and marketing strategies and plans, etc.
- Drive and maximize eCommerce potential within omnichannel and media strategy development, based on market business problems to solve. Work closely with key stakeholders in markets and eCommerce partners to integrate eCommerce and digital media plans.
- Collaborate to develop new agency ways of working, models and approaches based on learnings from Lifestyle Brands’ foundational and post-ROW roll-out best practices.
- Partner with Global Communications to establish processes for evaluation and review of Public Relations, influencer and grassroots activation strategies and programs. Work together to educate local marketing teams on role of these channels and activations in the overall marketing plan.
- Drive implementation of learning agendas, integrating efforts and metrics, both among the IMC for continued plan optimization and operationalizing into performance/trend-reporting dashboards for leadership visibility, including, but not limited to social listening, content audits, and brand lift studies.
- Drive consistent application of SC Johnson Best Practices, periodic reporting and ensure use of SC Johnson tools and processes (e.g., PlanIt, Redmill, Datorama).
- Work with the media agency and Consumer Insights and Business Analytics team to measure effectiveness of communication plans and develop a learning agenda focused on generating insights, best practices, and future improvements of programs.
- Implement new ways of working and measurement to explore new ways of reaching consumers, and tight evaluation of partners and test and learn opportunities. Identify and develop opportunities to evolve and pioneer new ways of working, partnership and innovation with key media vendors, in partnership with the media agencies.
- Understand key consumer media marketplace and consumption trends/developments, within & across relevant markets, leveraging that understanding into development of innovative strategies and plans.
- Effectively communicate LSB ROW lessons learned and best practices within larger SCJ GCB marketing organization to build and strengthen capabilities
- Evaluate and manage external resources in execution of projects, including agencies, developers and other third-party partners.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in media and communications planning and buying (experience in performance media or PR/social/influencer marketing desired)
- Must have prior Agency experience
- Understanding and experience in digitally native, lifestyle/specialty and/or consumer packaged goods brands
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working with unique target audiences (potentially requiring specialized content and media approaches) and/or working with markets outside of the US
- Proactive self-starter, able to set agenda independently and work with limited managerial direction.
- Proven leadership in setting strategic direction and innovation in solving marketing issues
- Proven track record of impacting business results
- Entrepreneurial mindset who likes to build new processes and experiment with new marketing partnerships and approaches, highly inquisitive with action-orientation mindset
- Demonstrated skills in managing complexity, providing strategic insight and executional excellence
- Demonstrated team leadership and development
- Leadership of cross-agency and/or cross-functional resources against a defined scope of work
- Ability to make good, quick decisions based on sound judgment and strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment and financial acumen
- Strong project management leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to work with agency partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence effectively
- Ability to develop deep collaborative relationships across multiple work groups
- Experience with and providing expert guidance for a broad range of media and digital marketing, including but not limited to social, eCommerce and retail-enabled media, content/media partnerships, PR/influencer marketing, brand website, etc.
- Diversified experience in providing integrated marketing communications (IMC) direction to agency partners beyond media planning and buying
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.