The Manager, Country Marketing role is a critical role at Newell with responsibility for managing the growth and profitability of assigned category and product segments. This role will be the conduit to the Global Segment Brand Marketing teams, providing country specific insights while partnering with local cross functional partners to deliver objectives. The ideal candidate will bring 5+ years of marketing experience combined with proven ability to drive omnichannel growth in multiple sales channels.
- Adapt the global brand strategy for the segment and Country. Included would be leadership of brand foundational tools: brand pyramid, brand positioning, brand architecture, product assortment, value/pricing proposition and winning aspiration compared to competition.
- Drive the P&L statement through strong financial management, improved profitability targets, cost cutting (when appropriate) and complexity reduction.
- Demonstrated evidence of translating business priorities into brand objectives, strategies and plans. Understand how to effectively inspire and delight consumers through product performance, pricing and positioning.
- Successful management of P&Ls, including how to price product to derive maximum value, how to reduce unwanted costs, managing inventory effectively, balancing financial risks, maximizing marketing and promotion expense and forecasting future performance.
- Develop omnichannel strategic plan identifying where to play and how to win for assigned brands and categories. Design appropriate product assortments per channel with compelling key feature/benefit claims and partner with center marketing team to build winning assortments, SEO strategies, best in class PDPs, etc.
- Demonstrated success leveraging analytics to identify business growth opportunities and translating this into revenue or market share improvement
- Drive impactful omnichannel brand communication understanding and defining the brand personality, key messaging vehicles (on-line and traditional) and brand image guidelines.
- Work across the business units with all key functions – Sales, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Distribution, Customer Service, IT, Finance, HR, Legal – as well as centralized support teams to drive profitable sales for the brands.
- A four-year college degree, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of brand management experience including deep marketing, innovation and general management experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the similarities and differences between countries and cultures which is built into strategies and plans.
- Industry experience in CPG and hardlines, with proven ability to be successful with both.
- Classical brand builder with strong digital marketing skills (DTC, eCommerce, Retailer Media Networks)
- Deep experience gleaning consumer insights and leveraging analytics of primary and secondary research, emerging trends, POS results and competitor/category actions to drive leadership brand sales.
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind.