Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
The Manager, Manufacturing Engineer-Edibles role is responsible for developing automated solutions, implementing new processes, and optimizing existing processes for the edibles category. This position is responsible for developing URS’s, running initial feasibility studies, coordinating installations, commissioning equipment, and transferring technical knowledge to the facilities team. This position will work closely with the Product Development Team, Brand team and Project Management team, to ensure flawless and quick speed to market. Success is gauged on the ability to deliver quality cannabis products at scale to our patients in the market. The Manager Manufacturing Engineering team member will play a pivotal strategic role in the Early Management process – helping usher priority projects from a feasibility standpoint though a full IQ, OQ, PQ validation and hand-off with a technical transfer to the site production team. They will also work with the facilities team to deliver productivity improvements. The right candidate for this role will possess a unique combination of skills: extensive real-world engineering in hands-on applications, construction/contractor management experience, Cannabis regulatory involvement, influence skills applied to a diverse peer group, and strong leadership and people-development skills for a team spread geographically around the Enterprise.
- Coordinate the efforts of Engineering and technical resources based on Senior Leadership Priorities and Site 90-day plan priorities.
- Work with other departments (i.e. Prod Development, Project Management, Quality, Compliance, Operations, etc) to integrate new systems
- Dedicate start-up management support for selected complex project integrations.
- Ensures constant updates are provided to the SVP of Operations and the Senior Director of Manufacturing on the status of projects and improvement efforts in the facilities.
- Conduct studies, identify problems, recommend alternatives, and implement solutions in coordination with Senior Director of Manf. and Sr. Process Development Scientist
- Provide support to Start-up facilties via technical transfer:
- Equipment layout and requirements
- Construction hand off
- Regulatory engagement
- Best-practice processes
- Technical transfer for equipment
- Build out additional technical resource team and engineering support
- Develop each of your team members to their highest contribution to GTI
- Other duties as assigned
- Cannabis growing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 5+ years Operations and Engineering efforts
- Proven strategic experience in overseeing all aspects of large-scale manufacturing projects
- Knowledgeable of TPM-based continuous improvement methodology
- Knowledgeable of Engineering problem solving
- Able to diagnose complex technical systems and develop simple human-machine interface and training solutions for optimal operations.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- Travel, up to 50%
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)