***The preferred location for this position is The Woodlands, TX. Jackson, MS; New Orleans, LA; and Little Rock, AR will also be considered***
The Manager of Customer Sales & Engagement will serve as a key member of the Customer Systems leadership team with responsibility for the development and implementation of application services for the Customer Organization. The manager will devise strategies to improve business practices, choose appropriate applications and develop digital solutions across customer contact, sales, and service value chains, with special focus on Entergy’s commercial and industrial customer base. The manager is responsible for understanding the business processes and needs, aligning IT strategy with overall business strategy and Entergy strategic imperatives, assisting in project prioritization, and ensuring that IT delivers on its commitments.
The manager will lead teams responsible for the applications supporting key Customer functions, including operational oversight of the day-to-day support activities performed. The application portfolio will include but not be limited to digital customer self-service channels, customer relationship management, sales pipeline management, and automated customer messaging.
For the assigned portfolio of application technologies:
- Be able to drive improvements that impact commercial & industrial customer journeys through leading teams to develop solutions.
- Establish and maintain business relationships to ensure value is delivered to internal and external customers.
- Develop strategic plans and roadmaps for new applications to support business objectives and increase the sharing of information across the Salesforce portfolio.
- Manage a team of development and support personnel that focuses to deliver value by working on break/fix items, service requests, and enhancements.
- Support major events as part of the Incident Management process to ensure systems are meeting expectations and resolve all system issues as they may arrive.
- Work with other IT functions and internal/external stakeholders to determine application failure modes and establish processes to mitigate customer impacts.
- Provide day-to-day support and oversight of suppliers delivering services to meet the business need while maintaining compliance with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provide ownership and guidance, as needed, to ensure projects are executed on time, on budget and to the expected business outcomes of the project
- Forecast and review financial information to ensure team operations are within budget.
- Minimum education required of the position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other technical area of study OR equivalent work experience; advanced degree is a plus.
Minimum experience required of the position
- 5+ years of experience managing application development and/or operational processes.
- Have experience developing and/or supporting Salesforce applications or CRM Teams.
- Stakeholder management and high-level communications
- Strong working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Vendor oversight and management, including experience in outsourcing and offshore support.
- Experience supporting 24x7 customer-facing applications.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Primary Location: Texas-The Woodlands Texas : The Woodlands || Arkansas : Little Rock || Louisiana : New Orleans || Mississippi : Jackson || Texas : Woodlands
Job Function: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 110924
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to navigate to EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov)
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, numberLogon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.