Manager, Inventory Control
Reporting to the Director, Plant Operations, the Manager, Inventory Control is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and management of Thistle’s inventory management system. The person in this position ensures that all inventory is properly tracked, identified, and accessible to produce Thistle meals.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Thistle’s brand new East Coast facility, located in Burlington, NJ, responsible for launching and growing Thistle East operations to bring delicious, plant-forward, and planet-friendly meals to customers on the East Coast.
This position is 100% onsite in Burlington, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Perform daily inventory audits and analysis; identify and resolve discrepancies in real-time
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other key metrics related to cycle counts and inventory management
- Develop, implement, and validate procedures, controls, and SOPs that map the entire inventory control process
- Continuously implement process improvements for inventory control processes and procedures
- Investigate inventory variances to determine root causes; collaborate with key business stakeholders to develop corrective action plans and mitigation strategies
- Develop, manage, and prepare month-end accruals for inventory and non-inventory items and the accurate recording of journal entries
- Proactively collaborate with departments, including, but not limited to, R&D, Procurement, and Accounting, to accomplish inventory-related goals that help reduce idle time, stockouts, and delays
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports; record, summarize and report on inventory variances and waste/scrap
- Partner regularly with People Ops, Payroll, and Talent Acquisition teams to create a positive work environment, work towards all hiring goals, and ensure timely payroll is completed
What You'll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; degree preferred
- At least 2+ years of recent inventory control management experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment is required
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong math skills (UOM conversion, reconciliation, and reporting)
- Must display a willingness to make decisions, and exhibit sound and accurate judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a clear understanding of how inventory inaccuracies impact teams downstream
- Google suite, especially Google sheets experience is preferred
- Able to work independently and collaboratively across the organization
- Solid time-management, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.