Manager, Internal Communications
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Oversees the daily functioning of IC services, including the company internal website, and editorial oversight of all IC content.
- Manages NOA’s Internal Communications (IC) program, including direct reports in roles supporting the IC team’s initiatives.
- Leads the planning of Internal Communications initiatives, partnering with teams across NOA to develop and execute key communication initiatives that drive employee awareness, understanding, and engagement.
- Manages NOA’s internal company website, including editorial oversight of content programming and written/visual material.
- Partners with teams to research, craft, and edit original written and visually compelling content for internal audiences across a range of messaging initiatives, including executive and other leadership communications initiatives.
- Utilizes sophisticated reporting tools to draft strategic overviews and recommendations that keep executives in the loop and inform their strategic vision.
- Liaises with department leads to design, coordinate and execute internal communications tactics, including deployment of new tools and processes that help drive employee engagement.
- Partners with internal customers to advise on or create content to be shared on NOA’s intranet.
- Implements and oversees key activities related to internal product-related events with a focus on employee product education.
- Manages internal messaging and related Q&A that help ensure brand and voice consistency across the organization
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Five or more years of experience leading internal communications initiatives and teams, including a background in public relations, marketing, public affairs and/or journalism.
- Experience with event planning helpful :
- Undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent