Manager, Internal Communications
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Manager, Internal Communications will be responsible for managing internal communications strategies within the organization to promote transparency, engage employees, and enhance overall communication that drives AES people’ understanding of the company’s priorities and key initiatives to reach our purpose of accelerating the future of energy, together.
The manager will be a business partner for functional areas and/or businesses to develop and lead global internal communications in addition to supporting internal communications channels, targeted communications and other needs. This role involves collaborating with several internal clients and senior leadership to create and implement communication plans that align with the company's objectives and values.
- Act as an advisor, supporting internal clients with strategic and tactical plans to leverage communications needs according to each area/market.
- Create and execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy for internal client(s), including priorities, approach, key messages, and processes.
- Develop relationships with internal “clients” and be proactive in suggesting strategic communications solutions working with the Executive Leadership Team and Senior Leaders to meet objectives.
- Develop and support a targeted content strategy effectively utilizing multiple channels and tailored to audiences.
- Develop and direct internal communications activities that inform, connect, and enhance the employee experience.
- Create and curate content that informs and inspires our people, while ensuring consistency in messaging and brand representation across all internal communication channels.
- Partner closely with global and business communicators to build and cultivate a strong relationship globally and ensure messages resonate across markets.
- Support internal communications corporate global events such as Safety Pauses, Safety Day, Values Day, All Hands meetings and Live Broadcasts, providing inputs, content, referring people to participate and reviewing data as needed.
- Manage vendors to execute internal communications campaigns as needed.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of internal communication efforts, using data-driven insights to continuously improve strategies. Stay updated on industry best practices and trends in internal communications to implement innovative strategies.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to align communication efforts with business objectives.
- Strength in building collaborative, productive relationships across all levels and functions; build support for key initiatives.
- Driven and creative leader who consistently demonstrates sound judgment to influence key decisions
- Ability to learn and use publishing tools (SharePoint, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Multi-tasker, high energy, comfortable working in a matrixed environment
- Experience with internal communications, transformation communications, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications.
- Proven experience in internal communications, corporate communications, or a related role, in large companies or communications agency.
- Native English, Spanish language useful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences, strong writer, and collaborator, detail-oriented, organized, and proactive.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment; is solutions-oriented and flexible in approach.
Computer skills: Office365, advanced user in Power Point, Word, SharePoint, Yammer, Wrike and Teams. Constant Contact or other email marketing tool knowledge.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.