Manager II, Financial Analysis
This role leads Spirit’s financial analysis group with the objective of improving our short and long term forecasting accuracy, financial performance, and accountability to financial and operating objectives. Responsible for flight profitability, metrics book, labor and contract analysis, industry cost analysis, and ad hoc analysis. Looked to as the flight profitability and industry expert within the organization and expected to manage and develop a group of financial analysts that support the deliverables of the financial analysis group.
- Long term planning: In charge of the long-term plan, which helps drive major decisions regarding capacity, fleet acquisition, financing terms, capital deployment, fleet standardization and revenue/cost initiatives. Manage financial statements including the P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet statements, as well as financial and operational metrics including leverage/coverage ratios, ROIC, etc.
- Flight profitability: Through the flight profitability model, manage the allocation of expenses and operational statistics across flights, routes, and stations to prepare an income statement for each market. Expected to provide analysis and insights to the Senior Leadership team on a periodic basis.
- Metrics book: Retrieve financial and operating data from multiple internal and external sources to compile a monthly summary report that compares year-over-year and sequential months. The report is also accompanied by an executive summary that analyzes trends in the company and serves as a critical source of data for the executive and finance team.
- Labor and contract analysis: Routinely evaluate staffing models across the company to ensure staffing is appropriate and cost efficient. Additionally, evaluate general contracts to confirm that the revenue and/or expenses are modeled accurately, and Spirit is receiving a proper return on investment.
- Industry cost analysis: On a quarterly and ad hoc basis, benchmark the revenue and cost structure of Spirit’s competitors and produce a summary to be used in corporate presentations and preparation for the quarterly earnings call.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis: Deliver analyses which enable management to make informed decisions and support the analyses with metrics, variance explanations, root causes, and opportunities to improve performance.
- Staff development: Develop a high-performing, effective, and motivated staff of Sr. Financial Analysts. Direct and coach to deliver and exceed expectations.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- CPA, CMA, and/or CFA preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and financial modeling experience required.
- Work-related experience in the airline industry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP Financials or other large ERP systems.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Extensive information systems and data mining expertise.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work and complete assignments on-time.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Domestic & International travel under 10% of time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2022 and by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement means boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.