Manager, Human Resources
The Manager of Human Resources will work collaboratively for leading and overseeing the delivery of HR policies procedures, services, and solutions for a Distribution Center to include, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of training, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and HR investigations. Accountable for partnering with COEs on developing solutions within the DC. Leads a team of HR professionals in supporting the achievement of the HR strategy, business priorities and key foundational programs
- Demonstrates strong understanding of company and HR strategy, ultimately driving translation of strategy to the DC through talent programs or processes, and partnering with leaders to obtain business outcomes.
- Accountable for developing, driving, delivering, and gaining early adoption of talent and development programs, individual development plans, succession planning, performance management, recruiting strategy and other driven talent management and programs for the company or Distribution Center.
- Responsible for coaching leadership to transform, achieve business and professional goals using Walgreens tools or learning model.
- Accountable for creation of select tools, programs, or solutions that supports strategies, processes, and programs along with providing input and perspectives on initiatives.
- Accountable for the education of managers on HR initiatives, processes, and strategy takes appropriate action to support the programmatic delivery of the HR strategy provides input into how to realize the HR strategy for team members and leaders within the DC.
- Responsible for managing the recruitment programs and processes to meet business needs efficiently and effectively.
- Accountable for managing and overseeing all HR processes for the DC to include the escalation of HR delivery opportunities related to employee investigations, policy, compliance, and employee relations.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate leadership and tools are deployed in the DC to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and or municipal laws.
- Conducts and or collaborates to deliver HR programs such as new hire onboarding and assimilation, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs and general team member education.
- Conduct Howdy Rounds to respond to questions or concerns from the hourly team members.
- Partners with business leaders and Employee Relations on escalated employee relations cases, conducting appropriate investigations, and brings matters to a reasonable business conclusion. Further escalates cases of significance to higher HR or ER or Legal team members that have the potential of a regional and or company wide impact.
- Acts as a liaison with Employee and Labor Relations to interpret and comply with labor contract requirements.
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Accountable for creating, fostering, managing, and affecting a positive workplace which drive engagement, inclusion, and ensures an environment free of harassment in any form.
- Accountable for identifying business needs and partnering with appropriate resources to find solutions closing these gaps to drive people and business performance resulting in optimal outcomes for the company.
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for the Distribution Center in consultation and collaboration with other HR team members and business leaders; driving business performance through predictive analysis.
- Ensures the Distribution Center maintains a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training.
- At least 5 years of experience applying the knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA laws.
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 3 years of experience handling complaints, settling disputes, resolving grievances or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Experience with Labor Relations
- Knowledge of distribution, manufacturing and/or production environments.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).