Manager, Health & Safety
Sodexo has an exciting new opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to support our client's facilities in the Mid Atlantic region of the US covering (DE, PA & MD).
The primary purpose of this position is to provide innovative Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) support to various Sodexo business segments.. A major function of this role is to integrate safety into the culture of the organization, produce safe environments for our employees, clients, and customers, and manage key performance indicators to drive strong business results.
The successful applicant will reside in any of the following states (DE, PA or MD) and will possess proven leadership abilities, technical knowledge and familiarity with regulatory requirements. This role requires effective communication skills throughout various levels of the organization.
This positions requires travel 50%-60% of the time, primarily within the support areas with some overnight stays required.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and address potential hazards that may cause injury, illness, or property damage
- Assess health and safety risks associated with equipment, processes, and facilities
- Ensure compliance with internal audit process and validate compliance with applicable Federal and State occupational health and safety regulations
- Support all business segments on all OSHA and other regulatory inspections and citations. Ensures abatement of regulatory violations, key participant at informal and contesting stages, and determines settlements
- Determine accident causative factors and facilitate appropriate remedial actions
- Provide training to employees and managers with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize hazards and perform their jobs safely and effectively
- Advise and assist operational managers to establish safety objectives, plan programs to achieve those objectives
- Lead and participate in health and safety projects
- Drive safety performance for operations in the region and track the execution of activities to achieve safety objectives that mitigate insurance cost
- Conduct risk assessments for new business and supports new account openings
- Assist with crisis management
- Communicate Health and Safety related matters to Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers and District Safety Coordinators within assigned territory.
- Other duties as assigned
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Health and Safety (preferred)
- CSP or other applicable BCSP certifications (preferred)
- 5+ years direct Health & Safety experience
- Subject matter expertise and knowledge in OSHA regulations, behavioral based safety and facilities safety
- Capacity to work independently to achieve expected results and ability to prioritize work and think strategically
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for health & safety and food safety support, deployment, compliance, risk assessment & incident investigation, and training in the assigned Zone.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience - 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.