Manager GTM Environment
The safety of people, and protection of the environment, is our top priority at Enbridge! We seek to be a responsible and contributing member of the communities where we operate.
Are you interested in an Environmental Manager position responsible to efficiently implement the environmental portion of project development, surveys, and permitting for all projects driven by US GTM Major and Core projects?
As the Manager GTM Environment, you are a professional who understands the environment field as well as specialized knowledge of regulatory processes and environmental mitigation as it applies to construction work, we'd love to hear from you. We offer opportunities for growth, a competitive benefits and pension plan, and generous time off.
Come work with our team to help us meet Enbridge's environmental objectives! Your opportunities here at Enbridge are endless as we expand with the future of energy in mind. Join us today!
What You Will Do:
- Integrated strategies and policies, e.g., interpreting, developing, and implementing governmental regulations into company policy and procedures; ensuring overall consistency for environmental matters across Enbridge Liquids Pipelines, Major Projects, Gas Transmission, and Business Development; ensuring processes are in place to achieve consistency and share learnings with respect to strategies developed to address project and operational issues; developing, coordinating and ensuring compliance and consistent application of all environmental practices, guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Obtaining environmental permits required for GTM Major and Core Projects in US, developing strategies in consultation with Land to complete all vital environmental surveys (including tribal/archaeological), influencing the project schedule to reflect regulatory strategies, negotiate permit conditions with regulators, and complete timely permit acquisitions. This scope includes low-carbon and renewable energy projects such as, wind, solar (in front of the meter and behind-the-meter), CCUS, hydrogen, and other emerging technologies, as may arise.
- Lead team responsible for ensuring efficient deployment of environmental inspection field resources and related support for the US LP and GTM environmental inspection field services program.
- Responsible for personnel and performance management issues within the group.
- Ensures overall consistency for environmental matters across Major and Core Projects within all BUs.
- Participates with other Environmental Managers in the development of programs and best practices.
- Supports stakeholder engagement in both operating and project environments where required.
- Develop, coordinate, and ensure compliance and consistent application of all environmental practices, guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Establishes, reports, and monitors environmental metrics for activities across the company.
- Manages and supports the development and monitoring of project budgets.
Who You Are:
You have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years’ of progressively responsible experience in environment with both operational and project experience including a minimum 5 years supervision and/or management experience.
- Strong management, leadership accountability and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with FERC, USACE, USFWS, as well as various other federal, state, and local environmental permitting and/or regulatory agencies preferred.
- Generally, work in an office environment with moderate travel to other field and office locations. Respond to operational or project incidents for durations as needed.
- Flex Work Arrangements: Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Included but not limited to: Grasping, kneeling, light – moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Includes but not limited to: Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.