As a Manager, Global Digital Commerce you will support the Senior Director of Global Digital Commerce in all aspects of global digital account management. This includes internal & external relationship management, store and BTL channel merchandising, promotions, and collaboration with all relevant partners. Working with the Sr. Director and Vice President, this person will drive revenue growth for digital content and secure support for in-game activities on digital platforms and marketplaces. Additionally, through coordination and communication with key internal teams (Commercial Leaders, Business Units/Product Management, Production, Finance/Strategy, Operations, Legal, Consumer/Digital Marketing, PR and Media teams), this person will drive process efficiencies to increase the net contribution of revenue. The right candidate will be excellent in developing and fostering relationships and have experience working across teams in a matrixed organization. In addition, the right candidate will have digital business development experience and be very thorough, with the ability to drive and deliver the aligned global digital commerce strategy.
Hybrid: This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage commercial relationships with partners such as PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo. Work to secure premium merchandising and marketing support for every game release and major update across both digital storefronts and BTL marketing channels
- Develop a deep understanding of the levers that impact sell-through of digital products, and collaborate with partners to secure placement and promotion which drive sales of full games, downloaded content, and virtual currency
- Provide decision support on optimal release timing, pricing, and promotional activities for new digital product releases
- Track execution via regular digital store checks and coordinate resolution of any issues
- Review and analyze market trends along with competitor programming and promotions to help inform new strategic opportunities
- Develop and provide recommendations on catalog promotions and merchandising to generate additional revenues. Help extend the life of well performing catalog titles, and elevate consumer support for upcoming sequel titles
- Collaborate with Product Teams to develop comprehensive Go To Market plans for new releases and catalog titles across Activision Blizzard portfolio – Call of Duty, Overwatch, Diablo, and more
- Provide insight on future digital product development and digital SKU configurations, including pre-order incentives
- Facilitate global wholesale pricing matrix across relevant digital platforms
- Work with Digital Commerce senior leadership to answer strategic business questions through use of customer and performance data
- Develop and track key performance indicators; assess reporting needs to build insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement
- Collaborate and connect with key team members across multiple functions to provide structure and drive strategic business initiatives, delivering analytical insights and performance analysis post completion
- Liaise with digital supply chain, submissions and operations team on digital product submissions
- Partner with commercial marketing team on creation and strategy for all store paid media planning and execution
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 4-6 years experience in digital business account management and content sales (worked directly with at least 2 digital accounts on weekly calls or meetings); gaming or entertainment digital commerce experience preferred
- Technological understanding of digital ecosystem, format, and constraints, as well as the logistics of digital content from developer to consumer via large digital market places
- Well-developed external relationship management and negotiation skills with several digital and/or retail customers
- Strong understanding of relevant digital commerce business models, such as buy-and-download, subscriptions, micro transactions, in-game advertising, etc.
- Experience in providing creative input into digital products for the purposes of improved commercialization
- Exposure to performance marketing / digital conversion marketing via paid media to drive customer acquisition to digital products and content (managed or involved with at least 2 paid media campaigns to support product launches or promotions)
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Polished written and verbal communicator
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel [ie: pivot tables], PowerPoint)
- Pragmatic and hands-on, “can do” approach, not afraid to pursue alternative options
- Experience working with a global team and adaptability/flexibility around global time zones
- Team spirit, ability to work autonomously, sociable and a passion for games
- Strong personal interest in technology and digital entertainment content
- Able to operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment in order to respond quickly to changing commercial strategies and market dynamics
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.