Manager Global Communications
At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
Hasbro is seeking a passionate corporate communications professional to join our dynamic and growing Global Corporate Communications team! The Manager Corporate Communications will help lead proactive storytelling and earned media on behalf of Hasbro and its portfolio of amazing brands. Reporting to the VP Corporate External Comms this newly created role will help drive external corporate media outreach and have an opportunity to join an energetic team with no shortage of exciting stories to share! This position can be based out our Pawtucket, RI office or out of New York City.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help lead proactive media engagement to tell Hasbro’s corporate/brand stories
- Craft corporate narratives and pursue high profile media coverage
- Develop and handle top-tier media relationships
- Create and maintain comprehensive corporate calendar including speaking opportunities and events
- Work closely and collaboratively with communications and marketing teams to understand brand initiatives and create cohesive and topical themes to land stories and build corporate reputation.
- Develop company positioning on key issues – working in partnership with senior global leadership and key external partners
- Draft proactive and reactive messaging for retailers, consumers, and media
- Actively pursue learning and professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years in public relations/communications
- Will have a strong media relations background and drive and execute strategies to manage corporate reputation proactively and reactively
- In touch with cultural and industry trends
- Ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully handle communications during times of crisis within a complex, matrixed and fast-paced environment
- Track record developing and implementing compelling narratives to advance corporate reputation
- Ability to write and communicate information effectively and accurately
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively, take initiative with strong organizational and management skills issues management and corporate communication plans
- Capable of achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.