Manager, Finance and Accounting
Are you an experienced accounting professional interested in a remote work opportunity? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can challenge the status quo, collaborate with others, and maximize efficiencies? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
We’re looking for a dynamic professional to join our Finance and Accounting Division in the role of Manager, Finance and Accounting. In this role, you will focus on technical accounting and financial reporting to support the external financial reporting process as well as managing the review and assessment of all accounting issues. You will work closely with all levels of the organization, including the Director, Financial Reporting and VP, Finance, to proactively implement processes, improve our finance operations and make a positive impact at Aurora. Sound interesting? Here is a little more…
As the Manager, Finance and Accounting you will oversee…
- Lead compliance with regulatory requirements, including researching and providing guidance to the business on new technical accounting and regulatory issues
- Prepare/review the interpretation and application of complex accounting standards for the organization, including writing and reviewing research papers, recommending appropriate accounting treatment, and working with various business groups to assess underlying issues and facts
- Actively participate in U.S. GAAP conversion project and work with various finance teams throughout the global business to implement new accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements, MD&A and other financial sections of the Company’s Disclosure Materials as well as being responsible for producing monthly financial statements
- Participate in the Company’s M&A process including due diligence accounting, disclosure, and post-acquisition integration
- Lead the continuous improvement process of the external financial reporting procedure
- Support all process improvement initiatives impacting external financial reporting and disclosure processes and controls
- Assist with the internal and external audit processes including directly managing the relationship with the external audit team
As an experienced professional you will have…
- A minimal of 5 years of relevant experience either from a public accounting firm or public company
- Strong financial literacy and financial writing skills (financial statements, MD&A, press releases, etc.)
- Post-secondary education in a related field and CPA or CA designation (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of training, experience, and education)
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting expertise (IFRS preferred)
- Experience with Sage X3 and proficiency with Microsoft Office including advance Excel skills (pivots, v-lookups, and complex formulas)
You’re the ideal candidate if you are…
- An analytical professional who can review complex sets of data and identify key solutions for maximizing productivity and value for stakeholders
- An organized professional who can manage multiple projects at once and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic leader who can anticipate business needs and develop / execute innovative solutions to improve operations
- A natural communicator who can breakdown complex financial and accounting terms into simple formats for various audiences
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
- Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
- Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
- Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
- Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
- Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit. Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.