Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position will report to the Director of Financial Insights/Customer & Category in support of the local business unit functions of Bimbo Bakeries USA. The position is responsible for conducting periodic planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis relating to sales, marketing, supply chain logistics and manufacturing. The Finance Manager must be able to collaborate with business unit leaders by providing financial counsel and analysis through investigation and assessment of business impacts of key initiatives and strategies. This position is required to provide business unit leaders with accurate, timely, and appropriate financial information to execute operational decisions that lead to maximum profitability.
- Complete critical time-sensitive tasks and journal entries in support of the period close process to ensure accurate financial results for the Central Business Unit and BBU.
- Responsible for building key components of the annual operating plan around SG&A expenses and productivity projects. Assist with other plan related activities such as revenue planning, inflationary analysis, and headcount/benefits planning.
- Serve as a business partner to local Customer Executive teams, providing financial reporting, guidance, and analysis on a regular basis.
- Support local Customer Executive and Sales Planning teams in review and analysis of Customer Marketing Agreements (CMAs). Manage central repository of all business unit CMAs.
- Conduct detailed tracking, reconciliation, and forecasting of customer deductions and payments relating to CMAs and off-line trade accruals.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to provide business unit financial support to Corporate Category and Customer Finance teams on projects and initiatives such as new product P&Ls, customer bids, alternative distribution models, and sourcing changes.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly results presentations by providing clear, concise, and thoughtful analysis to senior and executive leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years practical business experience with FP&A, CPG, or DSD environment experience a plus.
- Strong written/oral communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint; with an emphasis on complex Excel modeling skills.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Smart View, and Essbase preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.