At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
This position can work out of Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD and will have the flexibility to work in office and remote per company guidelines.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager, Energy Trading Compliance and Analytics is responsible for supporting the Company’s compliance with federal and state laws and regulations governing competitive wholesale energy and commodity markets and related market rules and supporting responses to related inquiries and investigations. This position has a particular focus on electricity and natural gas trading activities, including transaction analytics, compliance oversight of trading strategies, and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Commodity Futures Tradition Commission (CFTC), exchange, and organized wholesale electric market (i.e., RTO/ISO) compliance requirements. The position plays a key role in driving compliance processes and improvements and ensuring that the Company maintains a leading and forward-thinking regulatory compliance program. The position works cross-functionally with Legal, Risk, Trading and Operations personnel. The position may also work on retail energy compliance matters. The position may supervise staff in the legal and compliance organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for leading or supporting responses to government investigations and inquiries regarding wholesale market transactions and conduct.
- Assist in overseeing the Company’s trading surveillance and monitoring programs, including with respect to data analytics and communications.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews and audits to assess compliance with internal policies and external requirements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, implement, and update compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage compliance training activities.
- Prepare regulatory filings and manage data collection and analysis to support compliance with filing obligations.
- Stay informed of changes in laws and regulations and general industry developments relevant to energy trading and competitive energy markets. Proactively assess opportunities to improve compliance processes based on regulatory and industry developments.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Supports the competitive wholesale and retail business in matters involving regulatory compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position’s responsibilities
- At least eight years of relevant work and educational experience, including at least three years of experience with energy, commodity, or financial markets
- Experience with FERC and/or CFTC rules and regulations governing energy and commodity market transactions, including anti-market manipulation regulations
- Strong analytical skills and comfort working with data
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to organize projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading/mentoring junior staff
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in a discipline related to economics, finance, and/or energy markets
- Experience with ISO and RTO market structures and rules, particularly as they relate to trading and the operation and bidding of electric generation resources
- Experience with FERC rules regarding market-based rate authority
- Experience with futures and swaps trading markets and exchange trading rules, including Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and NYMEX/CME Group rules
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor