Manager, Customer Support
As the Manager, Customer Support you will be responsible for building up and leading a frontline customer service team with one goal: providing world-class customer experience to Samsara's end users. You will own the daily management of our frontline support team across all inbound channels and support the customer service specialists in meeting and exceeding service level and quality objectives. Your responsibilities will include hiring and retaining top talent, driving efficiencies and improvements in the service we deliver to our customers and internal teams. You will be directly responsible for putting in place best practices for the support team meant to drive towards the constant improvement of the customer experience while also improving internal tools, process and performance. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment while motivating, recognizing, coaching, and training members of your organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Technical Support with organizational development, strategic projects, and building a team obsessed with the customer experience.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the overall frontline Customer Support strategy, including staffing, tools, and processes ensuring best-in-class customer satisfaction across all support channels (e.g. phone, chat, web).
- Maintain customer satisfaction and internal quality levels at, or above, stated objectives and appropriately communicate performance and progress to the team and management.
- Effectively manage strategic staffing and contract partners critical to our frontline success, reviewing SLA’s, quality and ensuring consistency.
- Ensure productivity goals for the team are clearly understood, monitored, and achieved in order to maintain appropriate customer satisfaction and staffing.
- Ensure that the group manages a quality end-to-end process from issue submission through resolution while meeting the service expectations of the customers and the organization.
- Provide effective reporting to peers and management on KPIs, key objectives, and measures.
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuing education needs for the frontline team.
- Analyze and report on top customer trends to identify opportunities for training, process, or product improvement.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
An ideal candidate has:
- 1+ years of leadership experience in a high volume contact center support environment is required
- Experience managing leaders in a support environment is a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Solid knowledge of support processes and the ability to identify and drive changes in productivity and scalability
- Ability to guide teams through periods of high growth
- Superior customer facing skills with the ability to represent Samsara with strategic accounts and partners
- Excellent analytic skills and knowledge of reporting tools effectively presenting actionable insights at various levels throughout the organization
- Strong technology skills with the ability to aid the team in pursuing creative solutions to resolve complex issues from customers and the sales teams
- Proven ability to hire, retain and grow a talented workforce
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Bilingual - Spanish a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.