Manager, Creative Sync
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. We monetize over 12 billion monthly music streams and have collected over $150 Million in previously unclaimed revenue for artists and labels. Clients include Future, JLo, City Girls, Marshmello, Don Diablo, Trippie Redd, Migos, Universal Music Group, and more.
Flighthouse, a division of Create Music Group, is the largest music tastemaker on TikTok with 23M followers & growing. We work directly with the internet’s most popular influencers, labels, artists and brands to develop and execute unique entertainment content and campaigns catered to Generation Z.
We were named Inc.'s #2 fastest growing company in 2020. We welcome you to join us in our effort to help artists be in control!
Create Music Group is looking for a Creative Sync Manager (open to US and Canada). This role will partner closely with the Label Services team and Publishing team to maximize opportunities for the catalog. Create is home to a wealth of independent labels, musicians, and songwriters spanning pop, electronic/dance, hip hop, rock, and Latin focuses; the role will be working primarily with popular music.
The Creative Sync Manager will be responsible for creating sync opportunities for label, publishing, and sync-only clients, and maintaining necessary infrastructure and relationships to contribute to a successful service. This position reports to the Head of Distribution and the Head of Publishing.
- liaise with Label Services and Publishing/Licensing to develop organizational standards for catalog, utilizing industry standard as well as proprietary tools and technology (e.g. Disco, Label Engine) for efficient pitching and tracking
- develop sync & licensing strategy to seek placements for label and publishing catalogs
- establish and maintain effective relationships with sync partners (music supervisors, licensing agents, studios, advertising agencies, etc.)
- provide creative direction to Create staff, artists, labels, and writers to maximize sync opportunities, including management of meetings with label and publishing teams to discuss and receive priorities, strategies, and opportunities
- generate reporting for internal and external partners
- conduct research on the rights holders and controlled assets
- You are required to bring your own laptop for this position. You must be authorized to work in the US.
- a music industry or business related Bachelor's/Associate’s degree and/or 4+ years of experience in publisher or label business development. Previous experience in music publishing or other music rights administration is strongly preferred
- deep knowledge of the record label operations, rights administration, relevant licensing terminology, sync market dynamics and trends
- established relationships with key partners in the sync market and experience facilitating licenses with partners
- deep knowledge of music history and pop culture
- excellent organizational skills to maintain and organize catalog, prospects, pitches and reporting - must be highly detail-oriented
- strong negotiation skills, and drive to establish relationships and new business
- ability to conduct deep level research
- strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality
- Hybrid and/or remote work schedule
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplementary Policies)
- Dog Friendly Office