Manager, Corporate Sustainability
Gay Lea FoodsMississauga, Toronto15 days ago
Do you have an interest in developing and maintaining an organizational sustainability program? Are you looking to guide sustainability initiatives, communicate goals, objectives, and strategies? Do you have a true passion for sustainability and the environment, and take pride in helping to grow and transform an organization? Do you like to influence and lead change? If so, then this may be the role for you! Gay Lea Foods is looking for an ambitious Manager, Corporate Sustainability to join our team! As an integral part of our organization, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the development of corporate sustainability strategies and policies. The Manager, Corporate Sustainability will build and maintain this new role while working closely with all levels of the organization, including Operations and the Leadership Team. If you are ready to embark on a sustainability journey with us, then keep reading!
- Conduct gap analysis to assess needs of sustainability strategy.
- Serve as a key contributor of the sustainability steering group to design and develop a plan, defining realistic and achievable goals and objectives.
- Lead the implementation and further development of relevant sustainability policies and programs.
- Oversee energy, water, wastewater, and waste recycling reporting, benchmarking and baseline targeting.
- Oversee employee and member engagement and awareness initiatives.
- Coordinate the efforts in collaboration with Operations and the Leadership Team.
- Further develop and lead the process to the timely delivery and compilation on all customer requests related to corporate social responsibility, environmental social governance, and sustainability requests.
- Assist the Procurement team with development and delivery of a sustainable code of conduct for all vendors.
- Responsible for delivery of annual sustainability updates to employees along with Code of Conduct refresher training, and validation of annual sign-offs.
- Technical advisor and complex project support to site teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive sustainability culture, programming, and policies.
- Actively participate in the execution of energy, water and waste conservation and reduction initiatives and programs.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and maintain a robust data management and collection system to track and report on Environmental Social Governance (ESG) impacts in Key Focus Areas (KFAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Liaise with the Communication Manager in the efficient and effective delivery of the Company’s Sustainability Communication Strategy.
- Engage with a range of external stakeholders and associations, maintain current relationships, and support partnerships that advance sustainability and sustainable development.
- Source opportunities for sustainability projects; identifying and working with partners for project funding.
- Other ad hoc projects or duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, environmental sciences, environmental management, or other relevant discipline of sustainability with both qualitative and quantitative components.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience with direction ESG or CSR exposure.
- Excellent understanding of sustainability and ESG concepts, including United Nations Global Compact Principles and SDG’s.
- Active knowledge of sustainability trends and measurement strategies in the food/agriculture industry to ensure that proper sustainability benchmarks are established and maintained.
- Previous experience in project management including planning, research, time / task, and cost control.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively build relationships with internal colleagues, customers, external stakeholders including government and key influencers.
- Strong organizational management skills.
- A high level of business/commercial acumen together with strong analytical skills.
- Able to design and execute work with minimal supervision, demonstrated through project management, relationship management, or equivalent.
- Solid time management skills, with ability to track, manage, and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Primarily sedentary in nature with regular interruptions and deadlines.
Sitting, walking and keyboarding for a considerable length of time. Travel to various Company locations through out Ontario. Due to COVID-19, the ideal candidate will be required to work from home until restrictions are lifted.