Manager Corporate Communications
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Cox Automotive’s Corporate Communications team is currently looking for a Manager, Corporate Communications, to serve as the “staff writer” for the team and help tell our company story to both internal and external audiences. This position is open to working hybrid or remotely.
Come join an organization that is pushing the boundaries of the automotive industry in all directions. We are a powerhouse in providing software, inventory, digital, and mobility solutions to our clients with an exciting future of continued growth.
As the staff writer, you will research, write and edit a wide variety of written communications ranging from executive talking points and video scripts to intranet articles and press releases. You will be comfortable writing in our brand voice and the voices of our executives. You’ll need strong attention to detail and excellent project management skills to do this job. You must be self-directed, organized, and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects independently. You must be a strong writer who loves drafting catchy headlines, attention-grabbing copy, and partnering with designers, other writers, and project managers to bring your excellent writing to life through internal and external communications campaigns across a variety of channels and platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, compelling, and engaging copy for multiple channels that informs and engages our employees, customers, and community members.
- Draft executive communications, such as talking points, scripts, and emails, that capture the executive voice and are accessible and exciting to the audience.
- Write and edit original, high-quality content for digital and print channels and live events (newsletter and intranet articles, blog posts, social media posts, news releases, talking points, video scripts, etc.).
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews and represent the corporate communications team professionally and transparently.
What’s in it for you?
As a dynamite Communications Manager , you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you many opportunities and options.
First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package , plus an additional annual bonus target incentive .
We are a diverse and inclusive environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated .
We offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends .
Cox gives you generous paid time-off , provides access to a lifestyle coach, comprehensive and affordable healthcare , ongoing wellness programs, adoption assistance, pet insurance, retirement planning, 401K with generous company-matching contributions , employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, career development, and mentoring, Cox University with thousands of free online courses, parental benefits, employee resources and more!
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and six years of experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and four years of experience, a Ph.D. and one year of experience, or ten years of work experience in a related field.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with some experience writing in a variety of styles and voices – a crack writer.
- Proven ability to deliver engaging and approachable written content for various channels (websites, newsletters, social media, or print publications, etc.) – loves the challenge of multimedia.
- Strong research and interviewing skills — a journalistic spirit.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills — welcomes the challenge to beat deadlines.
- A self-motivated team player who seeks continuous improvement and has a positive attitude.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $86,400.00 - $144,100.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.