Manager, Consumer Product Communications
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
The Comms Team is responsible for conveying Snap’s mission, vision and values to core audiences within our community, which include Snapchatters, advertising partners, content partners, investors, policymakers, and Snap team members. This passionate team works hard to show the world what makes Snapchat the best platform for communication and storytelling, and to ensure the narratives about the company, its people, and its products are accurate and compelling.
We’re looking for a Communications Manager to join the Communications team!
What you'll do:
- Shape the strategic product communications strategy for Snap across consumer verticals including fashion, beauty, travel, parenting, gaming, and more.
- Develop product messaging, proactive pitches, profile pitches and consumer narratives for products built across the company including Augmented Reality Lenses, Bitmoji, and Shopping efforts.
- Design campaigns that put Snap at the forefront of cultural conversations.
- Collaborate closely with brands, businesses, and partners who are building on Snap’s platform to create compelling consumer facing experiences.
- Be an ambassador for Snap with top consumer media, editors, producers and influential contacts who rely on you for timely and accurate information and creative story ideas about our products.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners (product, design, marketing, legal, and policy) on coordinated campaigns, events, and product launches.
- Drive narrative development around Snap’s products and the ways they benefit our community.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent relationships with contacts across consumer, mainstream, television, and radio.
- A deep understanding of cultural moments and conversations for Snap to play into.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally and manage a wide variety of partners.
- An eloquent verbal communicator with superb written skills, fastidious attention to detail, and experience collaborating with executives.
- Deep passion for Snap’s products.
- Able to serve as a company spokesperson.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience working in a communications role or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!