Mattel is seeking a global Manager Compensation to manage the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs and tools to ensure Mattel's ability to attract, retain, motivate, and develop our employees for assigned global business groups; offer competitive pay opportunities; and support our pay for performance philosophy. This role will directly support Mattel's Corporate Functions globally including Finance, IT, Legal and Corporate Communications. The Manager Compensation role will be based at our global headquarters in El Segundo, CA and will report into the Director Compensation.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Define and execute process improvements to existing processes in area of responsibilities as well as across the organization.
- Serve as the compensation partner to HR management team and assigned global business groups.
- Partner with regional compensation team members and business leaders on compensation needs occurring with business group outside of the US.
- Independently develop proactive approach to identify compensation challenges within customer groups, research best practices, and develop solutions.
- Conduct market studies using external market data to maintain Mattel's market competitive position.
- Review promotion and adjustment requests for assigned client groups and develop recommendations based on internal equity and current market trends.
- Ensure that current and proposed salary structures are market competitive and maintain Mattel's Compensation Philosophy.
- Advise on reputable surveys and benchmarks to ensure Mattel's competitive market position.
- Participate as a member of the Job Evaluation Committee to help ensure jobs are leveled on a consistent global basis.
- Identify and complete special projects and studies as assigned which may include the redesign of existing compensation programs, the development of new programs and the completion of ad-hoc analyses that outline specific observations and future action recommendations.
- Provide guidance and direction, in areas of specialty, to other compensation team members.
- Create training materials and communications on compensation programs and processes for HR and line management.
- Provide guidance to HR and line management on the creation of job family and function matrixes that provide broad overviews of differing roles and responsibilities that exist for each job level.
- Partner with, and support, the business during the annual market pay review process and on bonus/incentive program development.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree, and at least 6 years of experience working in Human Resources with compensation principles and practices on a regular basis.
- Previous experience functioning in a highly matrixed, global HR role strongly desired.
- Proven ability to be functional expert and primary point of contact when interacting with employees and all levels of management.
- Ability to use computer software, including proficiency at Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with point-factor job evaluation system (Hay Guide Chart) and CCP Designation preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives with competing deadlines.
- Ability to interface with all levels throughout the company, including executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven experience managing clients and managing projects.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to change.
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Strong abilities to work well in a team environment (cooperative and collaborative behavior).
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, and a bias for taking action.
- Experience working as the Compensation resource to Corporate Functions (Finance, Legal, IT, Corp Comms).
- Working knowledge of HRIS Systems including Workday preferred.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate:
- Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate:
- At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute:
- We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.