At its core, the Compensation team is responsible for advising the business on how to pay its associates around the globe – developing and implementing equitable, competitive, and financially sustainable compensation structures. This involves consulting with the HRBP team members to determine what questions or challenges they’re trying to solve, figuring out how market data can address it, and how the data should be presented to effectively communicate meaningful insights and potential solutions.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Report to the Compensation Director and manage a compensation analyst
- Lead key projects, working cross functionally within the organization to carry out the compensation strategy across all levels, business functions, and geographies
- Build a consultative and collaborative relationship with HRBPs, recruiters, and business leaders to carry out change management projects that create more efficient processes and procedures
- Work cross-functionally to provide compensation insights and costing to our partners on the Finance team
- Oversee benchmarking of roles to salary surveys
- Create effective, efficient, and easy to understand custom reports and dashboards to assist in making fact-based compensation decisions
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies and guidelines – recommend revisions that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and business objectives
- Lead seasonal and year-end programs including promotions and merit
- Research and resolve individual compensation challenges
- Research and communicate current and emerging domestic compensation-related legislation, trends, and best practices
What Do You Need To Bring?
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a compensation role
- BA/BS in HR, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred
- Ability to identify themes and trends from large amounts of data
- Proficient in Excel (i.e. formulas, data manipulation, pivot tables, and graphs)
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communications skills – spoken, written, and visual form
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive data appropriately
- Attention to detail, passion for quality work, and timely delivery
- Excellent planning and prioritization, problem solving, and business partnering skills
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU