This position oversees the administration of Carnival Cruise Line’s shipboard compensation programs. This highly analytical role participates in Shipboard Compensation Planning, assists with developing new compliant compensation programs, initiatives and policies for Carnival Cruise Line Shipboard operations. Under general supervision, seeks guidance on matters and situations that may establish a precedent or cause significant financial impact. Uses creativity, sound judgment and experience to plan and accomplish short- and long-term goals and responsibilities. Complies with all federal, state, and maritime regulations and compliance.
- Lead the analysis and design of new Shipboard compensation programs. Develop sound practices relating to job analysis, documentation and recommendation; bench marking reviews; salary grades structures, and base pay administration.
- Oversee the annual planning and review of merit and bonus programs. Review proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Develop and implement shipboard compensation related workflow processes across Human Resources and organization to align sound practices with departmental strategy. Identify and implement opportunities to automate and streamline processes. Plan targeted employee communications to ensure consistent and transparent messaging.
- Prepare special studies/recommendations regarding incentive compensation, bonus plans, and/or stock plans.
- Manage and maintain wage tables and communicate changes to shipboard and shoreside teams. Coordinate with HR systems teams to ensure data is accurately maintained.
- Work with technology groups, internally and externally, to keep up to date on changes to systems and improvements. Establish sound procedures to ensure quality customer service, timely project deliverables, and accurate compliance. Negotiate cost-effective contracts with vendors and ensures efficient processes in data exchanges.
- Staff, train, hire, develop, motivate and monitor team of professional level employees to ensure effective and efficient operation of the compensation function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, or Business Administration
- CCP or coursework towards CCP is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in compensation, total rewards and/or financial analysis role to include experience in reporting and systems. Experience in a lead or supervisory role.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus