Manager, Communications (Studio)
Are you excited about how great entertainment is created, and technology enables consumers to discover and enjoy it? Do you want to help tell the story of a company delivering joy to its millions of members all over the world and setting new standards for its industry? Are you exceptional at planning and implementing great campaigns that shift how people think about brands? If so, we have an opportunity on our growing communications team.
The Manager of Communications will be part of the team responsible for promoting and protecting Netflix’s reputation for series, films, and studio operations. The role will work with our Studio Operations organization, which supports the creative teams at Netflix, bringing hundreds of amazing TV shows and films to life each year, and constantly innovating on how entertainment is made. The organization includes physical and virtual production, facilities management, dubbing, casting, music and more. In addition to helping define the Netflix narrative through proactive stories, this role will lead on executive appearances, issues management, media training, and more.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, and a relationship builder, who can be a trusted partner and adviser to teams across multiple disciplines. We’re looking for a creative team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is an entrepreneurial self-starter unafraid to take calculated risks. This role is based out of the Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Communications for Entertainment + Studio.
- Proactively shape Netflix’s reputation for a broad and diverse range of entertainment as well as innovative studio and production operations.
- Provide counsel and partner closely with Studio Operations executives, comms colleagues, publicity, marketing, product, policy, creativ, and other cross-functional teams to shape long term strategy, tell stronger brand stories, and manage issues.
- Identify, prepare, and coordinate executive interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Advocate for Netflix with business and trade media, industry influencers and other third parties.
- Write and shape our key studio communications materials.
- Serve as external spokesperson for the company.
- 7+ years of experience in communications, preferably within media, advertising, entertainment and/or technology industries.
- Skilled storyteller who can thoughtfully craft narratives, boil down complex concepts into succinct pitches and with journalists across broadcast, print, online and radio in both the trade and consumer spaces.
- Ability to leverage insights, develop and secure stories aligned to company priorities.
- Good track record in handling and successfully delivering on a high volume of complex projects and tasks.
- Clear and concise communication style that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally.
- Meticulous organizational skills, good judgment of brand and comms risks, and effective time management.
- Have a point of view, and able to offer their unique perspective and voice.