Manager, Communications and Marketing
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Based out of LA, this role will provide support to Warner Music Group’s SVP of Communications and Marketing. It will also have a dotted line reporting structure into the VP of Communications and Marketing, who oversees the company’s overall social media strategy. In addition, this position will collaborate with the WMG Communications team along with Warner Chappell Music (WCM).
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to execute an integrated communications strategy for the Warner Chappell Music brand, with the goal of enhancing the company’s online and social media presence.
Here you’ll get to:
- Build and execute a content roadmap and calendar, working in collaboration with cross-functional teams across WMG and WCM
- Revamp, manage and maintain WCM’s website, working alongside a web partner to optimize content with SEO and Google Analytics.
- Write and copyedit blog posts and other original content for WCM’s website.
- Produce high-quality short-form videos to be used across WCM’s social media channels, with an emphasis on TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Build and manage social media campaigns, including budget allocation, ad creative, targeting, and performance analysis.
- Collaborate with influencers, WCM talent (songwriters and artists), and strategic partners to enhance brand awareness and reach.
- Provide creative direction to graphic designers and videographers for presentations and longer-form video content.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends, algorithms, and best practices, and implement these insights into the overall strategy.
- You have a strong attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment with the ability to multitask and turn projects around quickly on tight deadlines.
- You have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize your workload.
- You have a pulse on the latest trends in social media and excel at creating engaging, high quality short-form social media content.
- You prioritize building and maintaining relationships and enjoy collaborating with others.
We’d love it if you also had:
- Exceptional copywriting skills, including impeccable grammar and spelling.
- Experience filming and producing short-form video content for social media.
- Strong interpersonal and visual communications skills.
- 4-6 years of relevant music industry experience within a communications and marketing department.
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and web traffic metrics.
- Strong analytical skills and experience analyzing social media campaign data or web analytics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Canva, WordPress and/or other Content Management Software.
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$75,000 to $90,000 AnnuallySalary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.