We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Optum-UHC Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care – making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere.
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- Flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
We are hiring now for a variety of technology focused roles.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Serve a central Point of Contact and SME for Accounts Payable related inquiries
- Partner with various internal and external teams on spend and volume trend analysis
- Oversees global team members day to day activities
- Create, maintain, and distribute monthly spend metrics across multiple lines of business
- Ensure inventory management process are functioning
- Support reporting needs of internal and external customers as requested
- Executing on the overall vision and strategy determined by management to develop systems, tools and processes that deliver quality and engaging information.
- Gather requirements from business, identify business gaps, build process flowcharts, perform business analysis, develop reports, configure applications, and prepare functional specifications
- Support the overall business goals of Optum by performing additional duties as assigned or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Prior experience using PeopleSoft, Ariba and Concur
- Effective, clear communication skills both verbal & written
- 3+ years’ experience using MS Outlook, MS Visio & MS Word
- 3+ years’ experience documenting processes & procedures, including workflows
- 3+ years’ experience arranging & facilitating meetings & presenting in front of an audience
- Proven ability to manage own workload, prioritize & meet deadlines while responding to demands of multiple customers (internal & external)
- Proven ability to innovate, improve/enhance processes, finding more effective/efficient ways of reaching business goals
- Self-starter with excellent communication, organizational, process planning, decision making & implementation skills
- High level of attention to detail
- including experience completing repetitive tasks with precision & consistency
- Independent worker, who can rely on extensive experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals
- Accounts Payable experience
- 1+ years Experience in mentoring and training others
- Understanding of the printing & fulfillment industry
- Project Management Experience
- Professional Experience within an operations team
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.