Manager, CMF (Color, Materials, and Finishes)
The Manager, CMF (Color, Materials, and Finishes) Designer is tasked with setting the vision for the development and coordination of interior and exterior color, material, and finish designs for the Canoo brand.
Responsibilities (80s of the Position)
- Design and develop color and materials for both exterior and interior of upcoming vehicles.
- Follow the development of color and materials from concept through approval.
- Coordinate the release of all master samples.
- Evaluate color, texture, gloss, and finishes while working directly with suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in related fields, i.e., furniture, fashion, architecture, and apply that knowledge to automotive design.
- Perform benchmarking of competitive vehicles/products.
- Research design and styling trends.
- Interact directly with suppliers.
- Present strategies, vision, and innovation, to executives
- Communicate Canoo’s CMF brand to retail, internal and external teams when required
- Must have 8+ years of CMF OEM experience
- Demonstrated ability to guide, lead, and inspire a growing team
- Eager mentor and capable educator, driven to spread methodological understanding throughout the broader team and organization
- Experience with OEM industrialization
- Expert in the Manufacturing process for CMF
- Success at bringing a range of people into the research and design process, including cross-functional partners within Canoo organization, successfully engaging stakeholder and executives
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, clearly articulating the rationale behind design decisions, expressing the story and comfortable with the language of business, who can tie design team effort to product and business strategy
- Orderly and organized
- Adobe Suites
- Microsoft office
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
- Visualization (VRED, Keyshot, Maya...)
- 30%+ travel (domestic and international
Physical Requirements for Non-Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at email@example.com
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Salary will be determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to years of experience, training, skillset, location, etc. Expected salary range in CA – $137,900 - 165,500